Espresso grinder with budget under $250

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Chura

#1: Post by Chura »

Hi

I'm looking for sub 250$ grinder that will be good enough for my BDB machine
today I buy coffee pre-grind and its time to step up, not enough money for Sette 207 unfortunately.

Any ideas ?
I see Breville has coffee grinder, however its not recommended here :(

Iowa_Boy

#2: Post by Iowa_Boy »

I have the Breville Smart Grinder Pro, and I agree it was a frustrating experience with my BDB.
Baratza does offer a refurbished 270 on their website for $299.
That is so close to your budget and is really a great pairing with the BDB. May save up a bit more for that?
I have it and feel it has done really well, no issues.

Chura (original poster)

#3: Post by Chura (original poster) »

I live in Europe, so together with 92$ shipping its way over my budget.
More ideas ?

Nick Name

#4: Post by Nick Name replying to Chura »

Well, you could look for refurbished Barztzas (which sell pretty fast) at https://coffeehit.co.uk/collections/esp ... o-grinders or go with a brand new Lido E.

Chura (original poster)

#5: Post by Chura (original poster) »

Lido is my last option, I prefer electric grinder
This REFUB are cool but out-of-stock

tag1260

#6: Post by tag1260 »

Well, I just stepped up from the Baratza Encore with the burr upgrade. I "thought" it did good enough but I just got a Lido E-T and, BOY, was I wrong. The Lido is so far up the ladder from the Encore that I can't believe it. The Lido also isn't too bad to hand crank, especially for espresso where your only doing about 14-18 grams at a time. So unless you up your $250 budget, you probably are going to have to look at the manuals.

Just my $.02 .

slipchuck

#7: Post by slipchuck »

“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”

Nick Name

#8: Post by Nick Name »

slipchuck wrote:Best bang for the buck https://www.barista-shop.eu/machines-gr ... inder.html
I would say that Bezzera BB005 is much better budget grinder with it's 48mm conical burrs instead of Ascaso's 38mm.: https://www.elektros.it/fi/en/coffee_gr ... r-bezzera/

Nick Name

#9: Post by Nick Name »

Chura wrote: This REFUB are cool but out-of-stock
Actually I meant that if you want one, you'll have to keep your eyes open and check for their availability more than often. They do sell out quite fast.

Personally I'd go with Lido E with that budget, but I'd rather up the budget a bit and get a Pharos (which also is a hand grinder).

chipman

#10: Post by chipman »

If I were you, I would continue what you're doing now, save some more money, and then purchase a espresso grade grinder. If you purchase one now, you will be just throwing your money away and not be satisfied with what you bought.