Espresso grinder needed under $1200 budget. Have options, please help! - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
genuflect82 (original poster)

#11: Post by genuflect82 (original poster) »

BaristaMcBob wrote:My biased recommendation is the Ceado E37J. Same as the other E37 but has a smaller burr set. That said, the burrs are still large and the machine itself is a technical marvel and work of engineering perfection. I have two of them. As I said, I'm biased :)

I will look at E37J now. Thank you.

#12: Post by genuflect82 (original poster) »

SandraF wrote:I have a Eureka Atom 75, which I bought along with my Synchronika in February and will attest that it is a fantastic grinder.

As I've said before it is extremely quiet, FAST (with 4 oz. beans in the small hopper it takes precisely 3.0 seconds to grind 18g of medium roast coffee). THREE seconds! It has 75mm flat burrs which are well aligned from the get go. It has a counter for both single shots & double shots, a manual button that you press if you want to bypass the timed doses. Plus a LIGHT that shines into the center of the portafilter basket. I swear, I wish more folks would talk about the light. You wouldn't think you would need a light, but once you work with a grinder with a spotlight on the basket, it seems odd to imagine a grinder without one.

The grounds are FLUFFY and the grinder is very easy to clean.

I have the Chrome one, which is $100 more than the black, white or red. They are readily available to order too. Note: Some places sell them with the smaller hopper as standard and others sell them with the tall hopper. Clive Coffee, where I bought mine sells the Atom 75 with the short hopper, so make sure which hopper you're getting. Also, I've tried single dosing and do not recommend it for that.

https://clivecoffee.com/products/eureka ... f=grinders

Good luck.
I read many good things about atoms.
I know it is not intended for SD, but how is it doing in terms of "retension"

Thank you!!

SandraF

#13: Post by SandraF »

Honestly, I tried it again the other day, but with only 10g beans with the motor runnning. I recall it has 2-3 g. Retention. I had tried it before with 18g, although the motor was not already running & I recall something like 6-7 g. retention.

jasiano

#14: Post by jasiano »

genuflect82 wrote: .....
or something else. Please let me know!

3. cancel the DF and buy something else that I also have to WAIT!!

Weber Key ;)
-Jason

Down Under

#15: Post by genuflect82 (original poster) »

SandraF wrote:Honestly, I tried it again the other day, but with only 10g beans with the motor runnning. I recall it has 2-3 g. Retention. I had tried it before with 18g, although the motor was not already running & I recall something like 6-7 g. retention.
Thank you for the info!