Entry level Gaggia or ECM Casa V

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
paapoopa

#1: Post by paapoopa »

Hi I am looking for a entry level espresso machine for home use . for most of the time i will be making double shot latte twice a day.

i done a bit of research, and was thinking of going for the gaggia classic pro, (which is going for $879 at where i am at) untill I came across the ECM casa V (which is going for just $912 at where i am at). I am abit torn between the 2 currently. the casa does looks like a better build to be honest.

for the gaggia , there seems to be a lot of informations and hacks to get pre infusion and getting the correct temp etc. but for the casa there doesnt seems to have as much information online.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#2: Post by baldheadracing »

FYI, the ECM Casa V suffers compared to its newer sister, the Profitec Go - the Go has a PID to control temperature, and the Casa does not. Profitec and ECM are the same company. The Go and Casa V use the same group.

I would take either one over a Gaggia Classic, especially at the negligible price difference that you are quoting.

As for hacks and such - the Gaggia "needs" mods to work, and some folks have gone well past the point that the Gaggia is unrecognizable.

Good luck!
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Advertisement
paapoopa (original poster)

#3: Post by paapoopa (original poster) »

yaa the profitec go is nice . but I can't find any one selling . and it's probably going to cost more as well.

I am adding lelit Anna to my shortlist , which doesn't makes it easier to decide now haha.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#4: Post by baldheadracing replying to paapoopa »

The Profitec Go and ECM Casa V are the same price in the USA/Canada, but markets differ.

If you're going Lelit, then the Lelit Victoria PL91T or the Lelit Glenda PL41PlusT PID are the equivalents to the Profitec Go. (The Glenda may only be available in the USA.)
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada