Entry-level espresso machine for milk-based drinks, budget $1500 - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
tiptongrange

#11: Post by tiptongrange »

Has anyone tried one of these Hanchen Commercial Milk Frothers? They range in price of around $500 to $1000, this plus a Cafelat Robot would bring you to just above $1000.

There are a couple of other models sold under the name of Welhome in other countries, but most of these models are 220V and don't work well in the US.

Hanchen / Welhome 220V Commercial Milk Steamer

Another Chinese Milk Steamer

This looks similar to the above

One last steamer

jgood

#12: Post by jgood »

tiptongrange wrote:Has anyone tried one of these Hanchen Commercial Milk Frothers? They range in price of around $500 to $1000, this plus a Cafelat Robot would bring you to just above $1000.
I looked at that option as I have an E61 espresso only machine -- I elected to go with the Quickmill Carola Steamer which was either 750 or 850 and is basically the other half or my machine -- if it were a double boiler. Chris Coffee had to special order it, but it was a pleasant experience and not too much wait. I would recommend that over Chinese steamer any day -- and you get the excellent CC support. I'm sure it'll be working long after the ones you mention are kaput.

BPlus: turning your coffee spirit
Sponsored by BPlus
Jeff
Team HB

#13: Post by Jeff »

The 230 V flash steamers are an interesting option if you've got 230 V. On 120 V, there just isn't enough power available for high-speed steaming without some very sophisticated heater and control.