Electric steamer to accompany Strietman CT2? - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Zybane (original poster)

#21: Post by Zybane (original poster) »

Guys, thanks for the input. Given everything, I decided to go with an Italian Made unit with a smaller boiler and looks great. Had to order it from Canada.

https://www.quickmill.it/en/products/le ... /mod-0961/

dragjp

#22: Post by dragjp »

Looks like a good match, congrats on the finding! I've got a Stietman order coming soon so kinda followed your recent threads :wink:, luckily I still got an old dual boiler that can do the steam. :D

Jeff
Team HB

#23: Post by Jeff »

Definitely looking forward to a photo once you get this all set up!

Zybane (original poster)

#24: Post by Zybane (original poster) »

Sure I'll definitely post some photos. So my setup will be the Strietman CT2, Malwani LIVI - Manual Coffee Grinder - Zebrano wood and the Quick Mill Carola milk steamer.

Now I just have to flesh out barista accessories/workflow.

Didn't think I'd be spending over $5K on a home barista setup but I'm a firm believer in "buy once cry once" with good kit. :wink:

pcdawson

#25: Post by pcdawson »

Zybane wrote:Guys, thanks for the input. Given everything, I decided to go with an Italian Made unit with a smaller boiler and looks great. Had to order it from Canada.

https://www.quickmill.it/en/products/le ... /mod-0961/
Where in Canada did you purchase this?

erik82

#26: Post by erik82 »

Zybane wrote:Didn't think I'd be spending over $5K on a home barista setup but I'm a firm believer in "buy once cry once" with good kit. :wink:
It adds up pretty quick but you made som every good choices and there isn't much to upgrade anymore, so it's indeed buy once cry once.

Zybane (original poster)

#27: Post by Zybane (original poster) »

pcdawson wrote:Where in Canada did you purchase this?
Espressodolce, unfortunately they only had the one left (unused display model) that I purchased. Maybe they can order another from Italy.
erik82 wrote:It adds up pretty quick but you made som every good choices and there isn't much to upgrade anymore, so it's indeed buy once cry once.

Totally agree. As I head into retirement at the ripe old age of 45 I need nice stuff to last. :lol:

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#28: Post by Milligan »

I didn't know that Quickmill steamer existed. Nice find. Keep us posted on your setup. Sounds like a great pairing.

zix

#29: Post by zix »

FWIW, I have had the Dualit Cino Steamer for some 3 years now and it has worked just fine. The other more expensive steamers here look better, but the Dualit does the job beautifully and warms up in a minute. Literally in a minute.
LMWDP #047

Zybane (original poster)

#30: Post by Zybane (original poster) »

Final pic setup for those that are interested: