Electric steamer to accompany Strietman CT2? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Zybane (original poster)

#11: Post by Zybane (original poster) »

Yeah I'm not sure if I want to deal with a transformer for the Dualit. Plus for that price it's surely Built-in China. I found a store that has the quick mill 0961 120v in stock. They wanna pretty penny for it, $1,080 total shipped.

It has a Copper boiler and supposed to be nice and warmed up in about 9 minutes according to that other thread. That's not unbearable.

erik82

#12: Post by erik82 »

Jeff wrote:If you've got or can get 230/240V, something like the https://www.dualit.com/products/cino seems a reasonable option
Thanks for that great tip! I might be ordering one soon :D .

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#13: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Breville Milk Cafe. We use it with the Espresso Forge on the road. Love it. Flexible for multiple drinks and will do cap or latte texture, by changing the magnetic spinning device.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Zybane (original poster)

#14: Post by Zybane (original poster) » replying to CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

How is the latte texture? Is it capable of making micro-foam like a steam wand? I've read really only a steam wand can do that.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#15: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz » replying to Zybane »

Best thing you can do is buy it from where you can return it. My extended family thinks it makes great foam, and has advantages in that it can keep the milk hot and it can do multiple drinks in a batch. Yes the latte disc is more micro foam than the cap disc. They stick magnetically to the bottom so are easy to swap out between drinks. You can also set your desired temp. They claim the induction heating is part of the success.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

palica

#16: Post by palica »

I have tried many systems and I do not understand why Breville does not offer a milk foamer based on their Bambino Plus without the coffee capabilities. The B+ Is excellent in frothing milk, it is fast, efficent, quiet. A very compact milk frother could be an interesting add in the single boiler market for people who occasionally do lattes and capps.
I have good success with the Nanofoamer from Subminimal too. It is part of my on the go latte kit, with the Picopresso and my 1Zpresso J-Max but you need to heat the milk (microwave works well)

spressomon

#17: Post by spressomon »

I've been using a Bellman CXE-27 (750w/120v) for steaming milk duties for cappuccinos with my mobile set-up (EspressoForge) and its relatively fast heat up & is easily capable of producing true microcell milk foam...perfect for latte art if that's your thing. It also doubles for preheating cups & quick steamed hot water for pre-heating the EspressoForge (brew water too, for same).

Find the 500w CXE-25 variant and the CXE-27 on eBay somewhat regularly.
No Espresso = Depresso

jasongcasale

#18: Post by jasongcasale »

Here is an astra I found a few years ago.
https://www.astramfr.com/sts1300-pourover-steamer.html
stand alone plug in tank steamer.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#19: Post by yakster »

palica wrote:I have tried many systems and I do not understand why Breville does not offer a milk foamer based on their Bambino Plus without the coffee capabilities. The B+ Is excellent in frothing milk, it is fast, efficent, quiet. A very compact milk frother could be an interesting add in the single boiler market for people who occasionally do lattes and capps.
Because of the low market demand they would probably have to charge more for a dedicated milk foamer than the Bambino Plus. Look at the Astra, there are solutions out there but the market for a standalone milk frother is price sensitive which is why you hardly ever hear of them.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#20: Post by Nunas »

Since you're off grid, I second (third?) the Bambino+ recommendation. It uses a thermoblock, which makes it far more efficient for a cappuccino or two than anything with a boiler. As for stand-alone, non-steaming milk frothers, my brother has one from Nespresso. I'm not a big fan of the resultant foam, as it's "different" from what I get by steaming and not as controllable. But, If you are not fussy about the foam, I have to say it's certainly fast and efficient. There are many other brands that do the same thing, and they're not particularly expensive.