ECM Synchronika vs Lucca M58 - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
j26263 (original poster)

#11: Post by j26263 (original poster) »

JB90068 wrote:You could also call around to your nearest espresso repair shop to find out which brands they service especially if you don't buy locally. It was something I did before purchasing my Synch.
Where I am is fairly devoid of good coffee shops, roasters, and consequently any of the supporting infrastructure like repair shops. Any of the restaurants or the coffee shops that do exist all seem to be using Simonelli machines, and I'm sadly not interested in any I've seen so far. Whatever machine I order I am going to have to keep the box for shipping in case of any maintenance that is over my head. I'm pretty comfortable with general maintenance though, even swapping out most parts. I don't expect to be shipping it off.

j26263 (original poster)

#12: Post by j26263 (original poster) »

I wanted to thank everyone again for the great info. This is exactly what I needed, between the replies, the 200+ views and my initial thoughts I've decided to go with the ECM Synchronika. The larger userbase (and logical future part availability) is what finally won me over. I'll post pictures after we move and it's all set up.

JB90068
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by JB90068 » replying to j26263 »

Congratulations. I hope your experience mirrors mine - which is that you actually look forward to waking up in the morning, if for no other reason than to make a great coffee on a machine you love.

Now for the big question: what grinder are you using?

None of us mentioned that other than your bean selection, this is probably the single most important item you will use in your pursuit of espresso perfection.
Old baristas never die. They just become over extracted.

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by Nunas »

The OP's profile shows a Sette 270. I use a Sette 270wi (and a Failai ZF64w). The Sette is more than adequate. But, I certainly agree that the better the grinder, the better the espresso, or even the chance of pulling the elusive god-shot!

j26263 (original poster)

#15: Post by j26263 (original poster) »

JB90068 wrote:Congratulations. I hope your experience mirrors mine - which is that you actually look forward to waking up in the morning, if for no other reason than to make a great coffee on a machine you love.

None of us mentioned that other than your bean selection, this is probably the single most important item you will use in your pursuit of espresso perfection.
I am now (and for the foreseeable future) using a sette 270. I single dose and I enjoy the workflow. I have considered adding a df64 so I can experiment with flat burrs but that's not a pressing requirement for now.

BaristaBoy E61

#16: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Before pulling the trigger, this might be a good thread to read through:

Choosing an Espresso Machine Rationally
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

j26263 (original poster)

#17: Post by j26263 (original poster) » replying to BaristaBoy E61 »

Ignoring the attack on my rationality, this is interesting. I can see from your posts on that thread you favor the Izzo Alex to other machines. It's something to chew on. Thank you.

BaristaBoy E61

#18: Post by BaristaBoy E61 » replying to j26263 »

You choose what's best for you - That's your 'right' choice.

There are no universal absolutes.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"