ECM Synchronika ready to buy. Good choice?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Mike3dr

#1: Post by Mike3dr »

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on this and wanted to know, for the people that own them, how they like the machine, what they don't like about it, would they do it again or buy something different? I have a Niche on the way already. Thanks

bonjing

#2: Post by bonjing »

About 2 years now I think with my synchronika. Just a weekend warrior with my espresso stuff. So far I love it now that I "know" how to play with the thing. I have the anthracite with flow control and happy that I have it. I think the flow control helps with my poor puck prep. I love the looks of it and the sound although I may add some sound deadening in the future it's not loud at all but I like as much quiet as possible.

For me it was a toss up between the synch and the decent. Although I would have liked the decent machine for its small size and possibly just the repeat performance on the same bean. The looks just didn't appeal to me and the machine sounded horrendous, granted I never got to hear one in person only on YouTube.

Although the synchronika is large, it's a beautiful machine and the sound is pleasant enough. And for me it's made good espresso, at least good enough for this untrained person.

Advertisement
Mike3dr (original poster)

#3: Post by Mike3dr (original poster) »

Thanks, do you like the Anthracite, would you do that option again? I would get flow control also. The decent , to me is too plastic and a computer which will break a lot easier than the ECM. I saw someone add sound deading to the inside but my concern there would be heat build up and burning something out.

bonjing

#4: Post by bonjing »

I absolutely love the black. It's a matte black can't remember if it's textured though, I'll have to look. But I went with the black because where we placed it, the sun light would be bouncing off of it. Not sure if I would have gone completely black, not sure if that model is available here, but I do like the touch of chrome on the front.

But when they say to use adjustable wrench and not pliers, take the advice and use the wrench. It's soft brass under all that chrome :oops: :cry:

Edit:

It's a matte black, textured and seems to have some metallic flake to it.

bonjing

#5: Post by bonjing »

There's not much I don't like about this machine. If I had to nit pick I would say the panels don't line up very well. I need to press and wriggle the panels together or force the screws in after I take it apart. I've only taken it apart twice, once was out of curiosity the second I spilled water refilling the reservoir.

beanman

#6: Post by beanman »

I've had mine about 4 months. Replaced my La Spaziale Vivaldi II
Did I need a new machine? No, just wanted to try an E61.
Great machine.
I'm "plumbed in" with a 5 gallon water bottle and Flojet pump, so can use pre-infusion.
Just added the Coffee Sensor flow control, and am using it a bit.
Lots of mirror-polished stainless, so if its in a well lighted area, you'll see finger prints, coffee drops from the post-shot draining, etc.
My panels didn't fit perfect either - bottom tabs on the back panel that go into frame slots were not formed to fit well into the frame slots, so I grabbed a metal file, and got them to fit better. But minor issues.
Would I buy it again? Definitely.
Clive now has their flow control available. Looks like it has more adjustment per swing of the paddle than Coffee Sensor or WLL versions do.

kidloco

#7: Post by kidloco »

I had Bianca, Decent, LR24, and now Synchronika. Using the last two was most enjoyable. It is definitely top quality in terms of manufacturing, just love it. I said I will buy flow control when I feel the need - still do not have it. It is just a great machine, a solid company with a world presence behind it, and easily maintained.

Advertisement
bobkat
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by bobkat »

I like my Synchronika very much. I bought it because of the build quality and easy access to repairs. It works very well for my purposes of two to three drinks per day. I use R Pavlis water. It is on a large open counter which makes water refill access very easy. It is a fairly heavy machine....beware if you have to move it to refill water. I have anthracite and like that a lot. I have flow control...but have not used it yet.

jrham12

#9: Post by jrham12 »

I've had my synchronika about 2 years now and don't regret it one bit. My final decision was between the synchronika and the Bianca. Two factors made my final decision. First I liked the internal layout of the synchronika over the bianca when thinking about future servicing requirements. Second was the aesthetic approval from my wife; she liked the look of the ECM better and also thought that the joystick steam control would be easier to use than the rotary valve.

At the time I ordered, the ECM flow control kit was out of stock everywhere so I purchased the Coffee Sensor FCD instead. No complaints there either; it works great!

Hope that helps! :)
Josh

Bebopbird

#10: Post by Bebopbird »

kidloco wrote:I had Bianca, Decent, LR24, and now Synchronika. Using the last two was most enjoyable. It is definitely top quality in terms of manufacturing, just love it. I said I will buy flow control when I feel the need - still do not have it. It is just a great machine, a solid company with a world presence behind it, and easily maintained.
All 4 machines are highly rated, albeit Decent is a bit controversial.What prompted the upgrades/changes? Just something different? Bianca and Synchronika are arguably similar besides build quality, do you enjoy pump machines more than lever?