Does this Lelit espresso machine have a known PID problem?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Falconcoffee

#1: Post by Falconcoffee »

Good day everyone,

After purchasing a Eureka Mignon Specialita grinder, I am currently looking for an espresso machine. After a long search I came across the LELIT ANNA PL41TEM or the LELIT GRACE PL81T. I prefer these machines, as I would like to have a PID and a pressure gauge. In addition, I have no sense/knowledge to modify a machine (also for the warranty).
Sadly I saw a disturbing video about the LELIT GRACE on youtube(see the link above). According to the video, the PID of the GRACE appears to be malfunctioning. As a beginner I don't understand what the problem is based on the video or the comments. I'm especially concerned that Lelit themselves have responded in the video and indicated that the problem on their machines is still unresolved. I have read that only the GRACE and the VICTORIA have this problem with their PID?

Since everyone here is much more knowledgeable about espresso machines, I hope someone can help me with this. If there are really known problems with the PID of the GRACE, I would rather go for an ANNA.

JRising
Team HB

#2: Post by JRising »

I don't know what that video thinks it is showing... It's someone turning a machine off and on and changing temp setting on the PID while the machine does nothing because it has no water and is clearly showing it has no water in the reservoir.

You can search these forums for keywords like Grace, Victoria or PID and read the ones that might be related. There will be several threads about Lelit machines, such as: Lelit Victoria question/possible problem

Lelits do come with a warranty, in Canada it is 1 year and would cover a malfunctioning PID. Probably 1 year everywhere.