Ditting KFA1003 for espresso - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
summer

#11: Post by summer »

samuellaw178 wrote:Jon,
Do you mind sharing more detail on the taste characteristic from the Ditting burrs?
Erhm, yes certainly. I can tell you what I am experiencing, but remember that beans, roasting, water, equipment etc is different, so others results may vary from mine. ;)
I roast my own beans and use light/medium roasted beans for espresso - my espresso roast is taken just after when 1 crack finishes or a bit later. Not close to second crack at all.
My Ditting burrs are bought used, the seller told me they have ground about 100kg coffe.

My other grinders for espresso are Rosco and Lehnartz handgrinders, 38mm conical burrs. I like a 1:2 shot from my cremina, and roughly 1:1 from Caravel. These shots I find heavy on mouthfeel and heavy on deep colours, with a marked acidity note (if present in the beans).

With the Ditting I prefer a more diluted shot, 1:2,5 to 1:3,5. These tend to have a clearer, more relaxed taste, but not especially sweet. The shots of course have less mouthfeel than the powerfull heavy 1:2 and 1:1 shots, so its a bit like comparing apples to oranges.
Also I find that more acidic beans tend to get a slightly metallic taste when grinded on the Ditting, but this could also have to do with my brewing - maybe I could get better at pulling the long dilluted shots on my gear, I dunno.

For dripcoffee I love the Ditting, but tend to use my handgrinders for espresso. This way I also dont have to deal with filtercoffe in my espresso and vice versa. :roll:

kolu

#12: Post by kolu »

fredgab wrote:Does anybody of you know if it's possible to convert a 380v ditting to 220-230?
they all have 3 phase motor inside so you use just 2 phases (phase + neutral) and put a motor capacitor capacitor between the last one and your phase. any electrician should be able to help you with this.

fredgab (original poster)

#13: Post by fredgab (original poster) »

they all have 3 phase motor inside so you use just 2 phases (phase + neutral) and put a motor capacitor capacitor between the last one and your phase. any electrician should be able to help you with this.
Thanks, that was what I tought, I'll check an electrician for this.
LMWDP #596