Searching for the definitive comparison - Synesso MVP vs Speedster - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
jerbear00

#21: Post by jerbear00 »

Dr G wrote:Yes I would consider others but I've ruled out a slayer and am unsure about the Leva X... I'll be keeping the cremina as a side hustle machine :lol:
Curious what caused you to rule out slayer?

Dr G (original poster)

#22: Post by Dr G (original poster) »

The waitlist!!!
Can get a synesso faster

Advertisement
Ad-85

#23: Post by Ad-85 »

If you plan on buying the Leva X then get it from LM USA (this machine is very complicated and it has 5 boards). Local support is everything, I had to replace a faulty screen with its 2 boards costing me 650$ (even though my machine was under warranty but ECS and LM Italy did nothing to help). At this level you're looking at diminishing returns, so get the machine that gets you the best warranty and support whether it's LM or any other machine.
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

danetrainer

#24: Post by danetrainer »

The OP's location is listed as Sydney and I have assumed Australia (possibly could be Nebraska I guess), some Leva X owners purchased from Australia so it could be fully supported for him there.

darcyb

#25: Post by darcyb »

Sorry, I call bull. How do you know so many people who own such an exclusive and hugely expensive machine (Leva X). In particular, a lever?? Lever machines make amazing espresso ...but they are hardly mainstream.
I own a Speedster, which took me years to save up for (and guess what, I've never met any other Speedster owners :)
I have never tasted a better espresso ...in my life, that a Speedster easily produces, and I don't have the idro-matic. The thick mouth feel and sweetness is what it's all about, not withstanding the beauty of this amazing and painstakingly hand built machine.
Anyway, again, apologies for not believing everything I read. If this offends anyone, please delete my ranting post :)

Ad-85

#26: Post by Ad-85 »

I believe @danetrainer. He's close to a coffee geek community where they buy ridiculous gear and one of them is a famous coffee related manufacturer :)
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

BaristaBob

#27: Post by BaristaBob »

^^^ Absolutely!
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

Advertisement
Dr G (original poster)

#28: Post by Dr G (original poster) »

Speedster vs Synesso.... Anyone able to offer a comparison and buying advice?
Leva X not a fan of it

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#29: Post by JohnB. replying to Dr G »

LMWDP 267

drgary
Team HB

#30: Post by drgary »

@darcyb

I know danetrainer and that he's referring to HB member mivanitsky, whom I also know, and others. There are more than a few members here who have collections of high-end gear.

But back to my earlier question to the OP, Dr G. Please add some content to your invitation for a "definitive" comparison. What do you like about the Synesso and the Speedster? What's your espresso routine? What more do you want to know? I lose interest in vague inquiries like this.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!