Decent Machine Questions

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
NBA

#1: Post by NBA »

Thinking about selling my Vesuvius and buying a Decent but have some questions...

Would keeping cups on the top behind the tablet keep them warm at all or would getting an aftermarket warming rack be the only option?

I love the white model but what makes it worth ~$700 more? Stats seem very similar. I'm wondering about getting the pro and painting it white.

Thnk you for any information and help.

Chert

#2: Post by Chert »

The Decent Espresso machines have no passive cup warming. I warm cup with flush or a flow profile before making espresso. My machine is plumbed and drained, so that works great for my home use. For road shows I use a bread proofing box to hold cups warm.
LMWDP #198

NBA (original poster)

#3: Post by NBA (original poster) replying to Chert »

Thank you for the insight and tip!

ShotClock
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by ShotClock »

I always warm cups for milk drinks on the decent . I do it with the hot water dispenser. Only takes a couple of seconds, and the only downside is that you need to refill the water slightly more often.

The top of the machine gets slightly warm, but not much compared with an E61 or similar. I think that this is an excellent trade-off for the fast warmup and excellent energy efficiency.

HB
Admin

#5: Post by HB »

Split follow on discussion to Ideal espresso serving temperature.
Dan Kehn
★ Helpful

prust
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by prust »

sworksdesign.com - Sheldon Wong makes a line of accessories for the Decent machine. He makes a cup rack and there is an option to add a heater to keep cups warm. His accessories are very well made. I have the cup rack w/o heat. Here is a link: https://sworksdesign.com/Flat-Style-Cup ... p322291377