Decent Espresso Machine - Should I wait for v1.5? - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Jeff
Team HB

#21: Post by Jeff »

The XL is physically a deeper machine. A straight swap of parts can't be done with the +/PRO

Bluenoser

#22: Post by Bluenoser »

liquidmetal wrote:Ah, well I have my flow rate fairly low, but I am steaming to 160C per the thermometer.
Try 140F.. you likely will find the milk sweeter.

TallDan

#23: Post by TallDan »

Jeff wrote:The XL is physically a deeper machine. A straight swap of parts can't be done with the +/PRO
The frame and cover are certainly different, but I think everything else is the same. The grouphead controller (which is what was asked about) and the drip tray are the same, which would be the other visible painted parts that I can think of.

decent_espresso
Sponsor

#24: Post by decent_espresso »

Smitward wrote:Does anyone have any pictures of a de1+ that have white or color mods? I'm also in the situation where my spouse wants it to be white and would have us get an xl for that reason. Does the white top piece for the xl ghc fit the de1+ And is it relatively easy to switch?
Custom painting any DE1 model is straightforward, and there is a section in the Decent manual (and discussion with customer examples).

The case cover, tablet stand, group head cover, and legs all come off with a few screws. Most any local car body shop can do the painting for you.

All DE1 parts are available, including anything for color conversion:
https://decentespresso.com/c?s=73744+1+ ... +1+73583+1