Decent Espresso DE1 pre-orders

Recommendations for espresso equipment buyers and upgraders.
fliz

Postby fliz » Oct 23, 2017, 4:34 pm

Has anybody pre-ordered one?

Headala

Postby Headala » Oct 23, 2017, 5:08 pm

fliz wrote:Has anybody pre-ordered one?

I think quite a few members here have. I did. I don't know if the tablet interface will be for me, but I'm intrigued by enough of the features and innovation that I would like to try it out. I have enjoyed and appreciated John Buckman's transparency and his seeking input on the design.

I think the first round of 300 models are sold out; any orders placed now will be for the next round of 1000. I could be wrong about that; that's just my understanding.

Bob_M

Postby Bob_M » Nov 27, 2017, 9:16 pm

If 300 persons had taken possession of the new Decent espresso machine don't you think there would be a large multi page owner's report on this forum by now.

billt

Postby billt » Nov 29, 2017, 5:36 pm

300 machines sold but not made yet. May be delivered this month for US purchasers and March for EU purchasers. (But could be later!)

It's like Kickstarter but without Kickstarter involvement.

Headala

Postby Headala » Nov 29, 2017, 8:17 pm

Interesting when you see a thread, read it, and agree wholeheartedly with someone only to find out it's an old thread and you're agreeing with your own post from several weeks ago :lol:

r7

Postby r7 » Dec 02, 2017, 12:01 am

Yes. One of the 300...

BobStern

Postby BobStern » Dec 07, 2017, 3:53 am

I'm one of the initial pre-orderers too.

The likely ship date seems to be January, or possibly very late December, based on the daily updates from John Buckman on the UK forum:
https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.p ... so/page119

No more pre-orders will be accepted until the first batch ships. I suspect there will be further delay while John collects user feedback and possibly tweaks the design.
https://decentespresso.com/dem_buy

Please note that Dan Kehn shut down the DE1 thread a few months ago because he felt the discussion volume was excessive for a non-shipping product. So Dan might appreciate our minimizing speculative discussion until customers actually receive the machine.

Sponsored by intelligentsiacoffee.com
www.intelligentsiacoffee.com: home of the black cat project