DECENT - Bluetooth Scale Recommendations - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
kevinbkk (original poster)

#11: Post by kevinbkk (original poster) »

Thanks everyone for your feedback and tips!!

DamianWarS
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by DamianWarS »

kevinbkk wrote:Hello forum! I just found a buyer for my Rocket Appartamento and will be purchasing a DE1PRO later this month. Beyond excited!

I'm looking for recommendations on Bluetooth scales to pair with my DE1PRO. The Decent Scale seems nice in many respects, but it does seem pretty thick and the orientation/angle of the display seems suboptimal when standing next to the machine. I'm also really interested in scales below the drip tray, but wanted to get some thoughts on this setup (and any caveats/drawbacks)?

Thanks in advance! I did try to find existing threads on this, so if I missed one (1) apologies (2) please point me in the right direction.

Cheers,
Kevin
I use the acaia lunar. It works great and I've never had connection issues with it and the decent. There seems to be this bad rep with acaia and the decent but it's not one I've experienced and I suspect these issues have been corrected. I know decent has had some transparency problems with acaia in the past but I think acaia and decent have worked it out.

the size/durability of the lunar makes a really enjoyable experience. A custom drip tray would be cool but honestly unneeded. Whether it's acaia or not, a BT scale is a game changer with the decent and I would highly recommend getting one. I don't know what the 2021 version is like and if it has any connection issues with the decent so if you want to play it safe you might want to stick with the original.

decent_espresso
Sponsor

#13: Post by decent_espresso »

DamianWarS wrote:I use the acaia lunar. It works great and I've never had connection issues with it and the decent. There seems to be this bad rep with acaia and the decent but it's not one I've experienced and I suspect these issues have been corrected. I know decent has had some transparency problems with acaia in the past but I think acaia and decent have worked it out.
Most Acaia scales do work with the Decent, but often there is a delay if you're buying the newest Acaia model, before it works reliably, as every Acaia scale has its own bluetooth quirks. The latest Acaia Pearl S https://acaia.co/products/pearl-model-s is not currently working well with the stable de1app, but the current de1app beta version has bug fixes for this, and I expect that in a few weeks the support for that scale model will be in the stable version.

pj

#14: Post by pj »

Where can I buy the Skale II ?
I try to google but can't find any. Is it still in production ?
Thanks in advance.

Jeff
Team HB

#15: Post by Jeff »

The Skale II is made by Atomax -- https://skale.cc/en/

pj

#16: Post by pj »

thank you.

pj

#17: Post by pj »

I found the Skale 2 website is very confusing. When I click buy now , it send me directly to Paypal without let me check any detail first.
Won't ask about shipping address, won't show the total amount I have to pay, won't give detail about shipping cost (if any)
Is "https://skale.cc/en/" really a legit website ?

rdcyclist
Supporter ♡

#18: Post by rdcyclist »

Man, I hope so. I just PayPal'd them a hunnert bucks. Film at eleven...

DamianWarS
Supporter ♡

#19: Post by DamianWarS »

The scale is $80, the paypal is $100. So there's a $20 buffer in there for something.

Petraidm

#20: Post by Petraidm »

i am going all in and upgrading from a Saeco Superautomatic to the de1 xl white. I have been back an forth on the decent scale v1.1 and the Acadia Lunar 2021. I do not have any espresso work flow established so I am not sure how much this maters.

The drip tray to PF clearance is 136 mm
The decent scale v1.1 is 37 mm thick
The Acadia Lunar 2021 is 15 mm thick

The 22 mm clearance difference will not matter when making espresso all the cups will fit no problem. My issue will be when making americanos, lungos and milk based drinks in the other cups I already have. I could buy new cups or use multiple cups in my workflow but the Lunar at least keeps me from having to buy new cups too.