Crem One vs Vesuvius (which to choose)

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
wizbang

#1: Post by wizbang »

Hi All, I am seeking some opinions from those that have recently researched or used or owned either of these two.
I have been lurking and reading for a bit after finding DaveC's reviews on youtube and website.

If money was no object I would be buying a DE1 Pro but they top out at nearly 7k delivered here in Perth Australia.
I had then settled on a Bianca because I want temp stability (PID, boilers) and profiling ability. (hence the DE1)

Watching a few extra videos here and there on the Bianca I came across the Crem One 2B R-LFPP and then the Vesuvius (thanks DaveC)
I think these move me closer to a DE1 than the beautiful looking Bianca.

My main question is: Crem One 2B R-LFPP or Vesuvius ?

I want profiling ability volumetric and pressure is good.
Pre-infusion. (I like the soft auto pre-infusion for visitor use on the Crem One)
I love the "idea" of sharing profiles, as well backing up and editing profiles(recipes)
I drink espresso and long black with cream. Only a little need to steam so being able to turn the steam boiler off is great.
Also the ability to have a timer to turn start things of a morning is handy.

The Vesuvius is perhaps 1-1.5k more here in Perth.

I appreciate the assistance of the group. :)
Edit: PS I appreciated the thread: Vesuvius vs. Bianca vs DE+1 Pro (Which to choose?) thanks baristafrenzy.

Ardent

#2: Post by Ardent »

Hi mate,
I'm located in Perth also, I bought a Vesuvius direct from Paolo in Italy.
It came to about $4250 delivered with taxes. And about 4 days delivery.
The Crem 1 that has the same specs as the Vesuvius ( dual boiler + pre infusion is about $4650)

I'm very happy with the Vesuvius, it's a high quality machine. Also Paolo and Dave C are very responsive if you need any technical help.

You're welcome to come past for a coffee.

wizbang (original poster)

#3: Post by wizbang (original poster) »

HI Ardent,
That is all good news and I can see a community on Coffee Time for recipes and user support which is also great.
A very kind offer and I will drop you a PM to chat about dropping in for a coffee and to see your V in action. :D
Mark

CoffeeRyokou

#4: Post by CoffeeRyokou »

Ardent wrote: ...I bought a Vesuvius direct from Paolo in Italy...
Might I ask who Paolo is and what shop he works with? I'm shopping for a machine in Japan, and a direct contact in Italy could be helpful.

Thanks!

Ardent

#5: Post by Ardent »

He (Paolo) is the owner of ACS/Elcor who manufacture the Vesuvius espresso machines.
Very nice Guy.
He contact is
p.cortese@elcor.it

Good Luck.