Convince me NOT to buy a La Marzocco Linea Mini - Page 7

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
yertchuk
Supporter ♡

#61: Post by yertchuk »

The Linea Mini comes in very robust packaging. I think it would have to be grossly manhandled for anything bad to happen.

Having said that, mine arrived with one of the drip tray rails slightly bent. Although, this could have happened when I was carrying it to its appointed space on the kitchen counter. Anyway, LM offered to send a tech out to straighten it under warranty, so whatever the small print says it seems that they are prepared to make things right.

In the end, i straightened the rail myself.

Plinyyounger
Supporter ♡

#62: Post by Plinyyounger »

No, I like spending other peoples money, BUY IT!
Family, coffee and fun.

Advertisement
Ypuh

#63: Post by Ypuh »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:If you do decide to order one, ask them to clarify what happens with shipping damage. They exclude that from warranty.

Delivery problems with direct purchase La Marzocco USA

So does LM really back up their products? I think many have had good experiences. I find this development puzzling since it appears to be a common issue.
Everytime I see issues like these, it's in the America's. Although it's all under the same brand, usually it's a freight handler/forwarder or retailer responsible for this. The way a company deals with these supply chain/delivery issues of course is reflected on the brand, but on the other hand it feels unfair when used to discount the machine or brand's reputation.

LM-USA needs to fix their sh** for sure, but it's weird to see these types of problems are rare in the EU. Same goes for LM-service coverage. Our tiny country is smaller than most US states, but has 2 certified service centers that cover everyone in our country at a 1.5h drive at the most. Parts from the factory could arrive in a day or 2. That's where the brand got its reputation from, but unfortunately that doesn't translate (yet) to the US.

I remember one or two of the LM owners are from the US but all machines are 100% Italian made. They should be able to fix these issues you'd say, but I guess the excessive demand from the past years makes it difficult.
I don't want a Decent

baldheadracing
Team HB

#64: Post by baldheadracing »

Ypuh wrote:... Same goes for LM-service coverage. Our tiny country is smaller than most US states, but has 2 certified service centers that cover everyone in our country at a 1.5h drive at the most. Parts from the factory could arrive in a day or 2. ...
Here's a chart that explains this. Note where the Netherlands falls:
https://www.stockingblue.com/article/12 ... n-density/
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#65: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Ypuh wrote:Everytime I see issues like these, it's in the America's. Although it's all under the same brand, usually it's a freight handler/forwarder or retailer responsible for this. The way a company deals with these supply chain/delivery issues of course is reflected on the brand, but on the other hand it feels unfair when used to discount the machine or brand's reputation.

LM-USA needs to fix their sh** for sure, but it's weird to see these types of problems are rare in the EU. Same goes for LM-service coverage. Our tiny country is smaller than most US states, but has 2 certified service centers that cover everyone in our country at a 1.5h drive at the most. Parts from the factory could arrive in a day or 2. That's where the brand got its reputation from, but unfortunately that doesn't translate (yet) to the US.

I remember one or two of the LM owners are from the US but all machines are 100% Italian made. They should be able to fix these issues you'd say, but I guess the excessive demand from the past years makes it difficult.
I get your point on the "cause" of the damage, but that's not the same as responsibility. There is no doubt that the entire purchase experience is no longer a joyous one, and may in fact be a spilled bottle of finest wine the OP drinks. What I am surprised at is LM's public statement on it's warranty website that shipping damage isn't covered.
Any product that has been damaged as a result of accident, abuse, misuse, lack of reasonable and necessary maintenance/cleaning, neglect, installation, mishandling, damage during shipment, line power surges or any external causes.
What is the purpose of that and how does it give confidence to a buyer? Why not just state any damage during shipment will be repaired by an authorized tech or the unit replaced at the discretion of LM.

So it is very clearly the responsibility of the LM, regardless of who caused the issue, to deliver a working machine with no damaged parts. This is why I wonder why, and I don't question that they are great machines.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Ypuh

#66: Post by Ypuh »

Offtopic:
baldheadracing wrote:Here's a chart that explains this. Note where the Netherlands falls:
https://www.stockingblue.com/article/12 ... n-density/
I knew this, but this graph still surprises me to some extent. They say Holland is so densely populated, but in reality our cities are not that big or high and we have lots of farm land in between the loads of tiny villages. We also have less populated areas but true, you won't be able to ride an hour without passing by any villages and we don't have any deserted wastelands.

In comparison France or Spain have some very large desert/mountainous unpopulated areas. There are some interesting videos like "Why 70% of Spain is Empty" and "Why 1/3rd of France is Almost Empty"". Those 2 countries are still high up the graph you just posted.
I don't want a Decent