Considering used Faema E91 Diplomat

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
petr0x

#1: Post by petr0x »

Hi,
I am thinking of buying a Faema e91 Diplomat for repair. It is the 2 grouphead version with manual dosing (only 1 button per head), no display.
The one I see for sale is quite cheap, but seller says the pump is not working.
I have been trying to find some part list or schematic with no luck, so I am bit worrying if the pump is somewhat special to replace (reason to sell it cheap). Or if there can be some other flaw? Maybe error in electronic controller, but I know no one can say that from desk.

Also I would appreciate some experience with similar machine if there are some known weak points to check. I have experience with other E61 HX machines, so I think the E91 would not be much different, but if someone knows, this would be perfect.
Thanks

Alan Frew

#2: Post by Alan Frew »

Nothing special about the pump (Procon) or motor, or the electronics. It's all industry standard bits. Note that the groups are totally unrelated to the E-61 family.

Alan

nuanced

#3: Post by nuanced »

I would check out COFFEESNOBS forum > FAEMA E91 REBUILD , NOV 2011 , looks like an overdose of electronics and plug-ins !

petr0x (original poster)

#4: Post by petr0x (original poster) »

Hi,
thanks. On the drawing the E91 is way too different grouphead, but I think the portafilters are compatible for both? I have a part distributor who has general parts and also spare parts for so many groupheads so I think this should be no problem.

nuanced: I have seen this thread, unfortunately there is not much info. So you do think it is much more complicated electronic (and unreliable) machine?

nuanced

#5: Post by nuanced »

a question of personal need and choice, and the buyers skill level ; don't know anything about reliability and parts availability , but looking at the internals I myself would not purchase ; I would be looking more at the older and well supported CONTI offerings .... very well positive reviewed espresso machines /

DaveLSM

#6: Post by DaveLSM »

Post deleted, did not answer your question.
Dave
La vita e troppo breve per mangiare e bere male.

Alan Frew

#7: Post by Alan Frew »

Portafilters are common to all Faema machines, part supply is easy (Nuova Ricambi in Europe) and electronics on the semi auto version are simple. Note that the 2 group machine will need a 20 amp power supply.

Alan