Coffee scale 10cm wide x 1.5cm thick (4" w x 0.6" h)?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
vancy

#1: Post by vancy »

I regularly use a double spout portafilter to make two small drinks (milk drink for missus, and Americano for me). With the portafilter and glasses on the drip tray, it doesn't leave much room for a coffee scale.

Currently I am using a Starfrit thin glass kitchen scale. It's 1.5cm (0.6") thick which fits under the glasses with a little room to spare. The scale is only precise to 1g and I find the load sensors that are located in the 4 feet which can be a bit finicky.

Does anyone know of a decent coffee scale that is:
  • 1.5cm / 0.6" high
  • 10cm / 4" width or length to fit 2 glasses
  • 0.1g precision
Nice to haves: can be calibrated and has an adjustable auto-shutoff.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Update:

Acaia Lunar - 105mm x 105mm x 15mm - $250 USD
Eureka Precisa - 105mm x 105mm x 16mm - $90 USD
Brewista Smart Scale II - 127mm x 107mm x 18mm - $89.99 USD
MiiCoffee Nano Scale - 99mm x 94mm x 18mm - $39.99 USD

Moka 1 Cup

#2: Post by Moka 1 Cup »

I think you have just described Acaia Lunar:

W: 105 mm L: 105 mm H: 15 mm
Sleep Timer Setting [ SLEEP ]

The number indicates the amount of time before the scale automatically powers off.
And it comes with a reference weight for calibration.
Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness.

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by Nunas »

I've been using an original Brewista scale for years, which must be about the size you seek, never a moment's trouble. It has been succeeded by the Brewista II, which I've not tried, but looks much like the original, but with rechargeable batteries.

vancy (original poster)

#4: Post by vancy (original poster) »

Moka 1 Cup wrote:I think you have just described Acaia Lunar:
You're 100% right, the Lunar does fit the spec I'm looking for but the price is a bit more than what I was hoping to spend.
Nunas wrote:I've been using an original Brewista scale for years, which must be about the size you seek, never a moment's trouble. It has been succeeded by the Brewista II, which I've not tried, but looks much like the original, but with rechargeable batteries.
I just looked it up. It's 0.7" (1.8cm) thick and it should fit my setup. Thanks for the recommendation!

lagoon

#5: Post by lagoon »

I'll second the Brewista II

Well priced, robust and reliable.

Jeff
Team HB

#6: Post by Jeff »

Timemore Black Mirror Nano at under US$100 may be too thick at "3.9 inches x 4.5 inches x 0.8 inches"

mxrider88

#7: Post by mxrider88 »

Has anyone tried the brewista smart scale III ?

I have just ordered one from Aliexpress, it seems more compact than the V2 and similar to the Acaia. I am curious to see if it is a good purchase but it seems hard to find reviews or info online. It seems to be available only in China. I got it shipped to Australia

LittleCoffee

#8: Post by LittleCoffee »

I've been quite happy with my recent MHW3 Bomber scale purchase.

https://www.mhw3bomber.com/en/article/879.html

I realise it's 22mm so doesn't meet your spec, but I'm wondering whether the difference in price between the Bomber and the lunar is enough to pay for a portafilter with more clearance and still be ahead? The Ascaso standard one seem to make fairly generous use of the vertical dimension?

vecchi della seattle
Supporter ❤

#9: Post by vecchi della seattle »

Jaroslav

#10: Post by Jaroslav »

Jaroslav