Coffee grinder recommendation for Cafelat Robot - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Ken5

#11: Post by Ken5 »

randytsuch wrote:10 minutes is crazy.

Takes about 90 secs to grind my morning shot with my kinu.
Weird, only takes me 35 seconds to grind 18g medium beans on my kinu classic.

I turn my crank about 2 times a second and it takes about 65 to 70 turns.

Not the first I have heard of differences in time.

GregoryJ

#12: Post by GregoryJ »

Ken5, you are superman! Do your burrs have the black coating on them?

Nate42

#13: Post by Nate42 »

My pharos can grind a dose in 30sec- 1min depending on the coffee and grind setting. 1 minute is pretty extreme actually, that would be for very hard coffees that compel me to stop and catch my breath :D

But yeah, any hand grinder that works well for espresso will get the job done in well less than 10 minutes. They do require a lot force in many cases, but at least it doesn't take long.

Ken5

#14: Post by Ken5 »

GregoryJ wrote:Ken5, you are superman! Do your burrs have the black coating on them?

Yes, they have the normal black coating.

Other than an occasion catch where the grinder will turn rather than the handle it is extremely easy to crank! Seems to be a different experience than others are having. Weird.

Jonk

#15: Post by Jonk »

It really depends on what kind of beans and setting. 45 seconds is roughly my experience with 16-17g doses with Robot + Kinu for my style of brewing. Very easy with some beans, kind of hard work with very lightly roasted and dense beans.

Juniorcoffeelover22 (original poster)

#16: Post by Juniorcoffeelover22 (original poster) »

Update :

I got the 1zpresso JX-PRO and I am very happy with it. the grinding is awesome, and a dose of 18g is grinded in less than a minute, what else can I ask for hahahaha this is satisfaction.
Really, thanks everyone for the help! :)