Ceado E65S or Mahlkonig E37S

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
jpsm

#1: Post by jpsm »

Hi everyone!

Right now I own a olympus 75e but the grind quality I am getting is not to my liking so i might be selling it or just using it as a backup grinder. From the very few videos of the e65s I do see it produces really fluffy grounds and it does not spray that much vs the 75e. I also tested the e37s first hand a couple of months back and the grind quality is also there with the e65s. Basically I can get both for roughly the same price. I also found out that both have smaller burrs at 65mm if I am not mistaken. So is this an upgrade for me or a sidegrade/downgrade? I want to spring for the peak but my wallet cant take it anymore since i just got an ek43s.

Side note: Everything I purchase will be transferred to my coffee shop that I plan to put up early next year.

Would love to get input on both grinders from you guys hopefully a few people own the e65s already and a bunch of people can also say good stuff about the e37s. Thank you in advance!

mallen4248

#2: Post by mallen4248 »

The Ceado E37S has 83mm burrs.
In vino veritas.... and caffeine helps the next morning....

Advertisement
jpsm (original poster)

#3: Post by jpsm (original poster) replying to mallen4248 »

Apparently you are correct! :)

mallen4248

#4: Post by mallen4248 replying to jpsm »

LOL, well I DO have an E37S and I have replaced the standard burrs with SSP Red Speed burrs so I would know..... :mrgreen:

jpsm (original poster)

#5: Post by jpsm (original poster) replying to mallen4248 »

How is the grind quality? Overall cup flavor? and speed?

mallen4248

#6: Post by mallen4248 »

Excellent grind quality. Tastes good. Grinds 21 grams in 3.8 seconds (Dragonfly Crema Dolce), but that varies by coffee and grind size.

jpsm (original poster)

#7: Post by jpsm (original poster) replying to mallen4248 »

No clumping on light/medium roasts? I got to play with it a couple of months back but they only had dark roast and it was really really fluffy

Advertisement
mallen4248

#8: Post by mallen4248 »

It works great on Dragonfly Leam Hammer as well as the Crema Dolce, Leam Hammer is a fairly light roast. What is nice on the current E37S is the quick set gear grind adjustment. My SSP Red Speed burrs actually grind slower than the stock burrs. The grind time has improved as they break in.