Ceado E37J vs Eureka Atom/Zeneth/Olympus

Recommendations for espresso equipment buyers and upgraders.
Nick521

Postby Nick521 » Sep 16, 2018, 12:05 pm

Hi,

I am in the process of buying a Linea Mini, and looking for a grinder to pair with it. Any recommendations between the Ceado E37J and the Eureka's Atom/Zeneth/Olympus?

Or, is there another grinder you would recommend?

Thanks so much!

Nick

redbone

Postby redbone » Sep 16, 2018, 4:16 pm

1) Budget ?
2) Single dosing ?
3) Burr preference conical / flat ?
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

Nick521

Postby Nick521 » Sep 16, 2018, 4:55 pm

redbone wrote:
1) Budget ?

2) Single dosing ?

3) Burr preference conical / flat ?

1) The 4 grinders are all around the same price. ~$1,000+/-

2) Not necessarily

3) Not sure. This is our first espresso machine. Any advice on what is needed or preferred is appreciated.

snjsanders

Postby snjsanders » Sep 16, 2018, 6:37 pm

Just went through the same dilemma recently to match a new ECM Synchronica. I decided on the Ceado 37J and I am very satisfied with it. I think the differences between these grinders boil down more to looks, size, and how they are cleaned. The Ceado for me looks great, fits under my counter, and is easy to clean. It also works pretty good as a massive single dose grinder. As far a grind quality, I doubt you will see any differences between the machines you are looking at. Good luck.

redbone

Postby redbone » Sep 16, 2018, 7:23 pm

My vote from your list in order.

1) Eureka Olympus 75 E
2) Ceado E37J
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

Nick521

Postby Nick521 » replying to redbone » Sep 16, 2018, 11:10 pm

Thank you! Any reason why you would choose the Olympus first?

Nick521

Postby Nick521 » Sep 16, 2018, 11:12 pm

snjsanders wrote:Just went through the same dilemma recently to match a new ECM Synchronica. I decided on the Ceado 37J and I am very satisfied with it. I think the differences between these grinders boil down more to looks, size, and how they are cleaned. The Ceado for me looks great, fits under my counter, and is easy to clean. It also works pretty good as a massive single dose grinder. As far a grind quality, I doubt you will see any differences between the machines you are looking at. Good luck.

Thanks! Where did you buy your Ceado?

cosss

Postby cosss » Sep 17, 2018, 3:23 am

I have the Olympus 75e with the Mythos burrs. Really a fantastic grinder. Low retention, fast and tastewise really awesome with light and medium roasts. Also in the Netherlands it wasn't that expensive.

It is kinda noisy, but grinder 17g in 3,7s it won't grind that long.

tglodjo

Postby tglodjo » Sep 17, 2018, 8:42 am

I recently bought a Linea Mini and upgraded my grinder too. It was between the Ceado and Olympus for me. Both are great options. That said, I found a killer deal on the Olympus with Mythos burrs--and I am very happy with it. Grind is insanely fast and consistent. Took a bit for me to break in the burrs, but clumps are gone now and the grinds look great.

redbone

Postby redbone » Sep 17, 2018, 8:50 am

Nick521 wrote:Thanks! Where did you buy your Ceado?

I owned a original E37 with similar body. Although I never owned a Olympus 75e I did get to use one see and taste results. Not sure if it the dealer had Mythos burrs installed but I found that it produced excellent grind quality in lightning speed. Similar to the MDJ on demand since Nuova Simonelli, Victoria Arduino and Eureka are now the same company.

https://europeancoffeetrip.com/the-nuova-simonelli-factory/
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549