Canada-Europe trade deal equals lower cost of EU imports

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
redbone

#1: Post by redbone »

The trade deal most likely means lower import cost of European goods including espresso hardware and alike into Canada.

The agreement would eliminate about 98 percent of the tariffs on both sides of the deal.

Changes may be seen as early as three months.

Not sure how this if at all will affect trade with Londinium the U.K..

http://www.canadianmanufacturing.com/re ... ly-185129/
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

EDChris

#2: Post by EDChris »

That's interesting. About 2/3 of the stuff I deal with is imported from Italy into Canada, and the rest someone else imports for us, so I wonder if we'll see those savings reflected up and down the supply chain. Maybe Americans will start sneaking machines over from Canada instead of the opposite :wink:

Séb

#3: Post by Séb »

That would be a really good news for us in Canada!

h3yn0w

#4: Post by h3yn0w »

Great, now we just need the price of oil and our currency to bounce back.

chrisbodnarphoto

#5: Post by chrisbodnarphoto »

I've been waiting for this to come into effect for awhile, but it still has to be debated/ratified in parliament before implementation.

I'm unsure what sort of free trade deal might take hold in the U.K. since the Brexit has now been passed in parliament and the 2 years of talks are about to commence. Not sure if the U.K. would still qualify under the EU free trade agreement.

Either way, it sadly won't help the cost of my Strada that's forthcoming ... and neither will the pesky 13% HST! :(