Cafelat Robot -- Polished aluminum still available?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
nanotom

#1: Post by nanotom »

I've decided to get a manual machine and the Robot is at the top of my list, but I don't find the powder coatings very appealing. Does anyone know why the polished aluminum was discontinued or if there have been any announcements regarding bringing it back? Thanks!

Ken5

#2: Post by Ken5 »

Paul clearly stated here a while ago that it was discontinued as it was very labor intensive.

EDIT...

I just tried a quick search for that post, hard to find, though I did see this one from an earlier date.

Cafelat Robot User Experience

In this earlier post he stated that if they are available in the future it would only be available from him. Definitely different than I remember from his later post, but I don't want to make a mistake.

GregoryJ

#3: Post by GregoryJ »

Your best bet at finding a polished aluminum is putting up a WTB post. I did have a polished and a white, and I prefer the white for being easier to clean.

nanotom (original poster)

#4: Post by nanotom (original poster) »

Appreciate the responses, thank you. Cleaning is something I hadn't thought about.

Jonk

#5: Post by Jonk »

I think the paint is also more durable right? While the polished aluminium has some kind of clear coating that is more sensitive.