Cafelat Robot or Gaggia Classic Pro - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
MntnMan62

#21: Post by MntnMan62 »

baristainzmking wrote:I can see that Niche is available to ship. I see both colors in limited quantities available to order for U.S. customers.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/nich ... ee-grinder#/

Scroll down the page.

Also, Slow Pour has it up for preorder:
https://www.slowpoursupply.co/niche-zero
Yep. I swear it was not available about 30 minutes ago when I looked. Thanks for the heads up.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#22: Post by baristainzmking »

Happy shopping.
Julia

mlunsford27

#23: Post by mlunsford27 »

tv79 wrote:Just purchased the Bellman along with a 500W hot plate to complement my Robot.

I've only used it once so far, but it actually reached full pressure (which I'm basing on the abrupt hissing noise from the handle's pressure release valve) before I was ready to steam. At that point I wasn't sure if it was better to just let it go and continue to release pressure, or purge some steam to de-pressurize (which seemed to build back up quickly). Any suggestions?
I just let the valve keep venting until I am ready to purge condensation from the wand and start steaming.

tv79

#24: Post by tv79 » replying to mlunsford27 »

That's certainly the most convenient, just wasn't sure if it was safe or would damage the steamer. I ran across several reviews of people saying their Bellman had exploded, and while I'd like to think it was due to user error (like filling water over the release valve), I've been erring on the side of caution. :D

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#25: Post by baristainzmking »

I have the electric version of the Bellman, it is also suppose to make coffee, which I never tried. The bellman works really well, I just find that I don't use it... When I decide to make a cappuccino, it's just too late to warm the bellman up and I use my microwave and a French Press instead :lol:
Julia

tv79

#26: Post by tv79 » replying to baristainzmking »

Heh, I just returned a CXE-25 last week. Not sure why they stopped making the electric version, but the only ones I've found were vintage on eBay. Unfortunately for me this particular unit had an issue with the top lid that caused leaking, then started tripping my GFI. Build seemed solid though, I imagine it just sat in someone's basement too long.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#27: Post by baristainzmking » replying to tv79 »

All the CX-25 are vintage and haven't been made in a while. Not sure why it's no longer made...
Julia