Buying a colored espresso machine?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
MichaelNovo

#1: Post by MichaelNovo »

Looking at the Breville line which has multiple color options. Looks like those are almost never purchased. Is that because of scratches / paint chipping? Any other reasons to avoid colors?

HH

#2: Post by HH »

Hey Michael!
I've seen the Breville BDB in black and it's gorgeous, really nice finish. The only reason I went for the stainless version is that it was significantly cheaper, but I would have bought the black if they'd been the same price. They're great machines.
What colour were you thinking?
Henry

Okccraft

#3: Post by Okccraft »

I previously owned an Infuser in black. It was very durable, and much more attractive in my opinion.

scez56

#4: Post by scez56 »

I owned the breville barista express in red for 2 years and the colour held up really well. Was lucky to get it on Amazon during a sale where all colours were discounted. If you can find the black/red at the same price as the silver one I would definitely recommend going with one of the coloured options :D

Tonefish

#5: Post by Tonefish »

It's the light colors that I would avoid, since coffee is dark and oily. Some may say that lighter is better so that you can see where all of the coffee and oil is. As a person who gives my machine a wipe-down to keep it clean after every use, I am really glad it is not light colored.

This was one of the things that floored me when the Niche grinder effort started and they only offered white ... probably the absolute worst color for coffee workings, especially for a coffee grinder.
LMWDP #581 .......... May your roasts, grinds, and pulls be the best!

lancealot

#6: Post by lancealot »

I have a BDB in black. When i bought it i wanted one in stainless because it seemed that other machine was stainless and that is what i thought i wanted. They were out of them and i bought a black one. I am over the moon happy withmy black one. It is so much better looki g than the stainless one, i imagine it is much easier to keep looking good and the color has held up well for 2 years.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by baristainzmking »

If you have a Bed Bath and Beyond close to you, stop by. They carry will order for you the black or red for the same price as the stainless steel and will apply the 20% off coupon.
Julia