Budget below $3000 for double boiler espresso machine: What you got? - Page 3

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
robertw

#21: Post by robertw »

Boomer, where are you located in LA?

boomer28 (original poster)

#22: Post by boomer28 (original poster) replying to robertw »

Manhattan Beach area, you?

robertw

#23: Post by robertw replying to boomer28 »

Ha ha, I'm in different kind of "LA".

johnny4lsu

#24: Post by johnny4lsu replying to robertw »

Ha! You're in my neck of the woods LA. Geaux Tigers!

Reefguy

#25: Post by Reefguy »

I was set on a profitec 700, now I see the Bianca, and I can get it $400 cheaper.....I just don't know if I'll use the profile feature.

Lavori

#26: Post by Lavori »

I think Rockets make some pretty great machines. If steam pressure is the limiting factor, you can always adjust the pressure of the steam boiler. Normally, the pressure tolerances are more than double for the machine, so raising it .25 - .5 bar wouldn't hurt anything and it would certainly increase the amount of steam present within the tank. You could also get a different steam wand tip as that can make a HUGE difference.

boomer28 (original poster)

#27: Post by boomer28 (original poster) replying to Lavori »

They are great but the premium for what you get is just not doing it for me to be honest. You can find several out of the box machines that out perform them or are on par for less money. Hard to ignore...

sweaner

#28: Post by sweaner »

Reefguy wrote:I was set on a profitec 700, now I see the Bianca, and I can get it $400 cheaper.....I just don't know if I'll use the profile feature.
Well, YOU may not know if you will use it, but I DO KNOW that you would!
Seriously, you will not regret a Bianca.
Scott
LMWDP #248

Reefguy

#29: Post by Reefguy »

That's what I'm thinking.

Lolito

#30: Post by Lolito »

I'm not sold at all on the bianca design, also it's a new machine, would prefer a machine with more reputation regarding reliability.

I would go for an expobar better, large boilers and heat exchanger for the brewing boiler, only DB machine with that feature. I also like the profitec 700, great steaming power, and also the R58 from rocket is not that expensive really, the other rockets are expensive, but the r58 has decent price, I just don't like rocket, too much branding. Bezzera makes some decent DB machines with joysticks, just the touch display seems a bit off putting.

I really would not buy any lelit machine unless it's really cheap, and that pressure profiling thing... it's a bit annoying for real profiling, it makes great pre infusion though, in which case, I would change my mind actually. You will be able to install any of those pressure profiling levers in any e-61 machine very soon. WLL already posted a video on how to do it in profitec machines...