Breville BES920XL price increase - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
new2espresso

#11: Post by new2espresso »

Miketee wrote:That's awesome Karan. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I have 12 years experience with my Vivaldi and got this dialed in to perfection with a pound of coffee. I will be modding this sometime in the near future. I am going to use the rotary pump out of my Vivaldi 2. As I am sure you are aware, don't try and use any local roasters as you will be highly disappointed.

I highly recommend a water filtration system too. I have a RODI for my saltwater tank. Before the DI I am at 47 TDS which is too low for coffee. I got a Mavia system from Chris Coffee and have been using it for about 5 years. Its a worthwhile investment. What sucks is that it a all British plumbing but Chris can sell you all the proper John Guest fittings to get it working with our water systems.
I tend to rotate through roasters a fair bit- currently working through an Ethiopian from Black Oak from Ca, and Kodiak Blend from First Line in OH. I'm renting right now so I'm using the WLL water recipe with distilled water. Looking forward to see how your rotary transfer goes, and pick your brain about it once this pandemic if over.
-Karan
Kind regards,
Karan

new2espresso

#12: Post by new2espresso »

CarlG wrote:Hi, it seems that the Breville BES920XL dual boiler espresso machine has increased in price by $200 a few months ago. Any idea what that's about? Has this happened to all machines? Should i hold out for Black Friday deals on this?

Thanks
This may no longer be true, but when I bought my BDB years ago word was that Bed Bath and Beyond stores would allow you to use the 20% off coupons in store. Might be worth looking at places like Williams Sonoma and see if they have any coupons. Some folks have found deals at Costco/Sams Club type places. Hope you find a good price- its a great machine for home use!
Kind regards,
Karan

Ken5

#13: Post by Ken5 »

I bought 2 Breville items at Bed Bath and Beyond and they honored the 20% off without any questions. I actually bought 2 Dyson vacuums that were on sale and they gave me 20% off of the sale price with the coupons. Dyson was on the list of exclusions too. With the paper coupons they don't even care if the expiration date has passed. The online scannable coupons expire as the link will no longer work after the date.

Ken

luvmy40

#14: Post by luvmy40 »

Iowa_Boy wrote:On the Breville website they sell a remanufactured BES920XL for $899. It currently is out of stock, but they do have a notify option to get an email when they have more. No idea how often they are available, but that's a great price.
Unfortunately, the remanufactured BDB is in the realm of Sasquatch and the Loch Ness Monster. Some are absolutely sure they exist, but no one has ever seen one.

CarlG

#15: Post by CarlG »

I'm in Detroit so I'm sure I can get an order from Canada to somewhere in Windsor. However, what would that imply with respect to the warranty? Will Breville care?