Bravo Tamper vs Force Tamper - what's more foolproof? - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Chencheh

#11: Post by Chencheh »

If you use VST basket, try order 58.5mm for both. I own both of them.

If you want ease and foolproof, force tamper is best option so far since it is an impact tamper you don't really need to apply huge amount of force on it to get 20 or 30lbs. But when using force tamper, it is better to use another hand to push the upper base piece again the basket to avoid any tilting, otherwise you might get uneven tamping result.

Bravo is much heavier than Force tamper though they all been made with high quality. You still need to apply equal amount of force when using bravo tamper since it relies on a spring. Someone mentioned the ordering process... I have to say order from WLL is not a pleasant experience. Can't really get any valuable information or service from them you have to contact Gilberto for further assistance. YMMV.

If you want consistent, you can't go wrong with either. Want ease, get Force tamper. Want solid tamping feeling, get Bravo tamper.

gon7

#12: Post by gon7 »

I'm contacting Gilberto to get a bravo tamper but I don't get a reply.

No response was received by contacting either the msn email address or Instagram.

How did you contact Gilberto?
I would appreciate it if you could tell me.

ProfessorSnape

#13: Post by ProfessorSnape »

I'm not sure I can offer you a correct answer, or if one exists. I have a decent tamper and the ECM puck style tamper (which is quite nice and costs less than a St. Anthony's). Overall, I prefer the puck style tamper as it's easier and faster to use and I think it gives better results for the coffees I've tried so far. If you are not opposed to trying two types I suppose it is reasonable to pick one of these two and then a puck.