Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals 2020

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#1: Post by LBIespresso »

I just got an email about 18% off at Thermoworks.com They very rarely have sales. I bought a thermocouple and reader from them based on a recommendation here. I have no affiliation with them but I know wirecutter.com says that they make the best meat thermometer so they are somewhat vetted beyond my liking their products.

Anyone see anything else out there?
LMWDP #580

SteveRhinehart

#2: Post by SteveRhinehart » replying to LBIespresso »

I'm a big fan of Thermoworks products. They're a little pricey but are very good quality for home use. I love my Thermapen and my Dot gets frequent use during grilling season. Just a note though: I've received 12 emails from them so far this month offering discounts. They very frequently run promotions, but they're usually product-specific rather than sitewide.

As for other coffee gear, just look to your favorite vendor. They will all be offering something, and most have already started. "Black Friday" in online retail is the whole month of November at this point. Chris Coffee also posted over in the Marketplace about their upcoming BF sale: Black Friday Sales

Jeff
Team HB

#3: Post by Jeff »

Subscribing to the mailing lists of your favored vendors, checking Marketplace here, and watching sponsors' banner ads on these pages are good ways to get little heads up on things.

It is also worth checking your vendors' websites. EPNW, for example, sent out notification of a 20% off sale to their mailing list and they have it (and other special offers) as a prominent banner on their website as well. IDrinkCoffee continues to have a sale going on the BDB, if you're lucky enough to be in Canada (no US shipment).

CarefreeBuzzBuzz
Supporter

#4: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Not for everyone but my wife loves her Ember Mug. Target will give you a 20$ gift card with so effectively 20% off. We are replacing her original one that lasted four years. It's great for slow sippers.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
___
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart
★ Helpful

CarlG

#5: Post by CarlG »

Focuscamera has the Breville Dual Boiler BES920XL for $1400. That's $100 off everywhere else I have seen. And its in stock. I'm not sure if I should take that $100 off or hold out for something better. $100 off seems soft for Black Friday. SeattleCoffeeGear is giving $50 off of purchases over $500. For the BDB they give $70 in gift certificate as well. I might jump on that and pick up a Sette 270Wi.

CarlG

#6: Post by CarlG »

Focus Camera has the BDB on eBay for $1333. I grabbed it. Free shipping and free returns. To me that means price matching...

Dburns

#7: Post by Dburns »

With the holidays upon us, a lot of roasters typically do black friday weekend/cyber specials.

I understand this year is a bit different, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any good specials coming up (mail order)

I know Metropolise in Chicago posted 20% off. I've recently relocated from the Chicago area, so proximety is no longer a driver of my coffee descision.

Does anyone know of any good deals coming up from really great roasters? (Light to mid roasts is where my palate finds its sweet spot for brewed).

ira
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by ira »

I believe Ritual is 15% off and free shipping.

Ira

Jeff
Team HB

#9: Post by Jeff »

Bed Bath & Beyond had a "newspaper" flyer that they're running 25% off "entire purchase in store" through Saturday with on-line purchases for pick-up at 25% off Friday and Saturday, as well as "20% off entire purchase [online] Thursday-Saturday". The usual list of exclusions is given. (The in-store/curbside and online offers also shows on their website right now.)

I'll probably see if one of the ZeroWater coupons for $10 off any pitcher or dispenser (available from the ZeroWater site by clicking on the link, email not required) stacks with the 25% off. Edit: Success with that this morning. 30-cup dispenser for $20 net. The 10-cup pitcher and 4-pk filters were both on the shelves early this morning as well.

Edit: The BB&B website lists a 10-cup pitcher for $15 and a 4-pack of filters for $30, coupons excluded.

jrham12

#10: Post by jrham12 »

Espresso Parts is having a 25% off sale with coupon code "FRIYAY" for black friday... there is a link to the coupon code on the header of their website.