Bezzera Duo - Page 10

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
wilsonj

#91: Post by wilsonj »

Vashal wrote:Thumbs up!
One of the most usefull review posts for the Duo/Matrix!
Conviced me not to buy one ....
Thanks Vashal, I don't mean to put anyone off this machine. I think it is lovely, apart from the issues I seem to be having. And mine could be an isolated case.
I still think the machine is well worth a look for anyone in the market for a higher end DB machine.

tglodjo

#92: Post by tglodjo »

wilsonj wrote:11. Power saving mode leaves the LCD on full with back light. This seems a little silly, and certainly isn't going to help the life of the LCD. I end up using the manual switch, so the feature is wasted. A real pity. Might save electricity, but I don't think they thought it through.
I can not understand at all why Bezzera thought this was ok. It bothered me so much on my Matrix. I wanted to use the auto on/off feature daily, but having the LCD on at full brightness all day and night in order to use that feature is ridiculous. These machines feel like a beta test of something that could be really great at this level and price point, but they're not there yet.

wilsonj

#93: Post by wilsonj »

Managed to return my machine and swap if for a Profitec Pro 700. Whilst it doesn't have the bells and whistles of the Duo DE, I feel it will be more reliable in the long run. And it sure is pretty!