Bezzera Duo - Page 6

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
lancealot

#51: Post by lancealot »

To me that fact takes away some of the concern that the electronics will make this machine obsolete quickly or unrepairable in the future.

I am still anxious to see some real world testing of this machine. I want to know how the bz group stacks up to the e61 in terms of stability and recovery time. Scace please? Does the bz group require a flush? Id so how long? In my bdb, the brew water is heated by the steam boiler before it enters the brew boiler, this machine doesnt do that. Can the brew boiler keep up with pulling 4 or more shots in a a row with only 1 minute between shots? Or does the lack of a hx on the brew boiler fill line slow it down?

There is a part of me that want s to make a road trip to jersey to see it for myself.

Kryptonicspb

#52: Post by Kryptonicspb »

Take that road trip and report back!

That's what interests me most, the temperature stability of the PID controlled group. In theory that should mean very stable temps and fast recovery times. The small brew boiler also has its own PID.

speedplay

#53: Post by speedplay »

WLL promised a review of the DUO and DE but they seem to be in no hurry to uploaded one. I had been interested in these machines but did not want to wait and purchased a new Izzo Alex Duetto IV Plus.
lancealot wrote:To me that fact takes away some of the concern that the electronics will make this machine obsolete quickly or unrepairable in the future.

I am still anxious to see some real world testing of this machine. I want to know how the bz group stacks up to the e61 in terms of stability and recovery time. Scace please? Does the bz group require a flush? Id so how long? In my bdb, the brew water is heated by the steam boiler before it enters the brew boiler, this machine doesnt do that. Can the brew boiler keep up with pulling 4 or more shots in a a row with only 1 minute between shots? Or does the lack of a hx on the brew boiler fill line slow it down?

There is a part of me that want s to make a road trip to jersey to see it for myself.

HoldTheOnions

#54: Post by HoldTheOnions »

Hmmmm.

Kryptonicspb

#55: Post by Kryptonicspb »

speedplay wrote:WLL promised a review of the DUO and DE but they seem to be in no hurry to uploaded one. I had been interested in these machines but did not want to wait and purchased a new Izzo Alex Duetto IV Plus.
I just spoke with Mitch yesterday and I asked about it and possibly a Matrix vs Synk video and he was gonna email mark about it. Mitch was very knowledgeable and helpful by the way

nanoplane

#56: Post by nanoplane »

Well, I've gone and bought one... Hasn't shipped yet.

My 10 year old Brewtus is failing and the Bezzera is such a tech magnet (my nerd background is showing...)

Not sure how long it will take to ship.. probably looking for it next week.

--marcel

Kryptonicspb

#57: Post by Kryptonicspb »

Which model? Very cool good for you

lancealot

#58: Post by lancealot »

Very excited to have A Home Barista member's eyes on this machine. Thanks for taking the plunge! I hope you have the time between shots to share your thoughts and observations. Happy Extractions to you!

nanoplane

#59: Post by nanoplane »

Kryptonicspb wrote:Which model? Very cool good for you
I got the duo DE

Hmm still hasn't shipped. It was supposed to be in stock.

speedplay

#60: Post by speedplay replying to nanoplane »

Did you finally get your machine delivered?