Bezzera Duo - Page 5

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Vashal

#41: Post by Vashal »

The first video of the new Duo with the heated bz group.Pay attention to the sound of the solenoid valve closing for 2 seconds (preinfusion time) although the pump keeps working.

DeGaulle

#42: Post by DeGaulle »

I don't really get it how this is supposed to achieve preinfusion. The pump runs, starting to fill the group with water, then the group gets depressurised by the 3-way solenoid for a few seconds while the pump keeps running and finally the solenoid opens again and pressure is built. What good does that do ?

Edit: Or does the BZ version have an additional (2-way) solenoid in the brew path that is dedicated to pre-infusion?
Bert

thedarkness

#43: Post by thedarkness »

I'm really intrigued by these machines but the main reason I like them (the electronics) I fear is also going to be a big reason NOT to buy one...and I'm in the market for a machine in this price range.

What will those electronics be like in 5 years? Even if they still function they'll be antiquated. In 10 years? Forget it.

Kryptonicspb

#44: Post by Kryptonicspb »

The proprietary PID screen makes me ask that same question, maybe 1st line or WLL could chime in on that. Everything else is probably going to be readily available down the road, but what if two years from now that screen is redesigned? How long will Bezzera produce that screen for. Maybe we're worrying too much :)

slipchuck

#45: Post by slipchuck replying to Kryptonicspb »

I can't remember wear I read it, but the website says Bezzera makes spare parts for life.
Maybe someone else can chime in on this one :)

Randy
“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”

Kryptonicspb

#46: Post by Kryptonicspb replying to slipchuck »

Well then it's settled! Pretty sure they've been around a while lol

Vashal

#47: Post by Vashal »

If you buy a machine with electronics you know it will be considered antiquated in 5 or 10 years time.It does not happen only to espresso machines.
If you don't want this to happen then buy a lever (no eletronics) machine .Today a dual boiler with just a pid on it may be considered ''antiquated'' when at the same price range you can buy one that counts brew time/adjusts preinfusion/has auto startup daily etc.

Kryptonicspb

#48: Post by Kryptonicspb »

Notice how the preinfusion option works when it's on a water tank. It's essentially the same amount of water debit no matter how long the preinfusion is set for. So on tank, water actually only lasts about 2 seconds. But you could still set the preinfusion longer to let that water make its way through the puck before the pump kicks on. Then I'm assuming if you are plumbed you have actual line pressure preinfusion for the time you set it at.

Thoughts?

Edit: very evident right after they run the washing cycle when he is turning on the regular cycle with no portafilter

lancealot

#49: Post by lancealot »

Kryptonicspb wrote:The proprietary PID screen makes me ask that same question, maybe 1st line or WLL could chime in on that. Everything else is probably going to be readily available down the road, but what if two years from now that screen is redesigned? How long will Bezzera produce that screen for. Maybe we're worrying too much :)
I think I saw a video where someone said the PID/display was made by Gicar. (WLL?)

Kryptonicspb

#50: Post by Kryptonicspb »

You're right after looking closer it's the same screen used on the new Rocket r9 single