Bezzera Duo - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Todd Salzman
Sponsor

#11: Post by Todd Salzman »

It will be very interesting to see how the Duo with its electrically heated group compares with the Matrix with it's E61 group. We have seen some dual boiler E61's very temperature stable and predictable under normal home use. We are really looking forward to giving this machine a good performance test and getting inside to see how its built and how user serviceable it is.
Todd Salzman
Whole Latte Love

lancealot

#12: Post by lancealot replying to Todd Salzman »

^^^YES^^^
Looking forward to this. When do you think you'll have them in?

Blacktip

#13: Post by Blacktip »

I am intrigued by the Bezzera Due, however I have concerns about the electronics. Per 1st Equipment, it should be available in the US next month.

Vashal

#14: Post by Vashal »

Both models Duo and Matrix are available with either the E61 group or the Bz group combined with a volumetric pump.The bz group temperature-wise is supposed to be more accurate than the E61 ,something between the E61 and a saturated group?Moreover it is supposed to be fully heated - ready for extraction after 15-18 minutes after power on.

There is no claim of preheating of the water going to the brew boiler so I don't expect something like this to be installed.However if there were such a system it would upgrade the machine to a hi-end level.Now it is just a mid-range espresso machine for office use.Certainly not the best Bezzera can do for a prosumer espresso machine.

Kryptonicspb

#15: Post by Kryptonicspb »

Todd Salzman wrote:It will be very interesting to see how the Duo with its electrically heated group compares with the Matrix with it's E61 group. We have seen some dual boiler E61's very temperature stable and predictable under normal home use. We are really looking forward to giving this machine a good performance test and getting inside to see how its built and how user serviceable it is.
anxiously awaiting your review i really love your videos

drgary
Team HB

#16: Post by drgary »

Bezzera typically uses their own proprietary group, not e61. Looking at a photo of the machine at HB sponsor 1st-Line Equipment, it has a proprietary group. There's [url=https://www.1st-line.com/buy/bezzera-duo-electronic/#]a full description of its functionality there[url], including a PID temperature controlled grouphead.

Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Kryptonicspb

#17: Post by Kryptonicspb »

^^
It's known that there will be two offerings available from Bezzera though this time. The Duo is the machine with stainless side panels, and the Matrix is the machine with the plexi lighted side panels. Both offerings will be available with either e61, or the bezzera group head. Every variant is identical inside.

Mr. Salzman, be sure to put the steam capabilities/recovery times through its paces. Especially up against the big 1.8 liter boiler of the ECM Synk. I really am considering making a sort of lateral move from my QM v2b to this new Bezzera.

lancealot

#18: Post by lancealot »

Part 1 of 2, part 2 is earlier in this thread. In it he seems to say the Matrix and the Duo are the same machine (I think). You get to have a decent look around the internals of the Matrix. I would like to know what some of your think of what you see from an engineering standpoint. I kinda know what I am seeing but not really well enough to draw any conclusions about the decisions they made on the inside. They also give a 1/2 explanation about how the programmable preinfusion works on the E61.
I really hope Todd Salzman and the guys at WLL or 1st-Line get both the BZ and E61 versions of the DUO in and give them both a good review!

RyanJE

#19: Post by RyanJE »

Why bother with an e61 option when you can have a heated (PID in this case) group.. I don't get it.
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

PDXcoffeedrinker

#20: Post by PDXcoffeedrinker »

Consumers like having the ability to choose between the E61 or the Bezzera group head....And in the video he does say the internals of both models are basically the same, so as far as I can see the only difference would be the group head and volumetric option....Another if you go to espresso tv YouTube channel you can watch the video of lucca Bezzera talking about both models during host 2017, he even says the duo model has better thermo stability because of the pid controlled group head...Was going to purchase the rocket appartamento but decided to hold out and wait for the release of the duo..And I do have faith these two models will be made with high quality materials and components because Bezzera has been around 1901, which is saying something... But I am looking forward to the reviews from the professionals.