Bezzera BZ10 - replacement advice

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
newton982

#1: Post by newton982 »

I currently have a Bezzera BZ10 that I'm overall happy with. I'm interested in changing my machine, mostly just to try something different. I drink mostly straight espresso, though it would be nice to have good steaming functionality in the instances when I have guests. My main constraint is that due to my limited NYC counter space the machine would have to be a maximum of 12 inches in width, though 10-11 inches would be ideal. Depth is not an issue and height would have to be 18 inches or less.

Are there any espresso machines you can think of that would fit the bill? Ideally, I'd like to spend less than $3K. Thanks in advance.

redbone

#2: Post by redbone »

FJ would you ever consider a lever machine. Small footprint and easy to clean and maintain.

If looking for new, Strietman CT1 / ES3 or Londinium L1 / L1-P.
If used / refurbished the Arrarex VAM or Caravel are open boiler, non contact heating element with SS boiler.
New 110v heating elements are available from Brooks for VAM / Caravel.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

newton982 (original poster)

#3: Post by newton982 (original poster) »

A lever machine would be interesting but I am concerned with the vertical height of the lever in the up position. I could pull it forward but then the lever might obstruct opening/closing the upper cabinets. The Londinium does look very nice though! I see it might need to ordered from the UK. Is there any way to service it locally if anything goes wrong?