Beware of niche zeros for sale on ebay - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
ragdoll serenade

#11: Post by ragdoll serenade »

I wonder how many pre-orders are being taken by people that are planning to re-sell? Until they raise prices or increase production I expect these grinders to get harder to acquire.

Nathan_S

#12: Post by Nathan_S »

MichaelC wrote:They are all scammers. If it's too good to be true, it is a scam.

I am in the process of fighting Paypal to get my money back for one which was even listed above retail (800 dollars). The scammer will accept payment and then upload a fake tracking number they find on the internet which ships to your zip code.

If Ebay sees a tracking number with a valid delivery they'll automatically close the case in the seller's favor. This is the scam.

They have access to a list of tracking numbers by zip code and you'll be spending weeks trying to get your money back.
I've been hit by that one when buying something else online. If you are having a hard time with PayPal, USPS can get you a picture of the box as it went through their system to get the address it actually shipped to off.

Advertisement
MichaelC

#13: Post by MichaelC »

Yeah, unfortunately Fedex will not provide any information about a shipment which isn't yours. Luckily, the shipping times of the tracking they chose don't line up with when I ordered -so hopefully I'll win the case.