Best used espresso machine there is

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Pavoni Boy

#1: Post by Pavoni Boy »

so I got lucky found a mint Marzocco GS3 for $2k... its just too big so am selling it ... but want to replace my Silvia with a huge jump forward... I am great at finding cheap machines I would love a list of machines to look for .... thanks, Pavoni Boy

cccpu

#2: Post by cccpu »

Look for a Breville Dual Boiler.
LMWDP #583

tinman143

#3: Post by tinman143 »

post a pic of the GS3

belegnole

#4: Post by belegnole »

Dante, In the scheme of things the GS3 isn't that big. In fact most of the "best" machines are on the larger side. However the Decent Espresso Machine comes in a small package. It is also loved by many and is very unique.

I also have to say that "best" is very, very, very subjective when talking espresso equipment. For instance the Cafelat Robot is a very small, minimalist machine. Yet people get great shots from them. So it too could be considered the best. The Olympia Cremina a step up in complexity from the Robot is considered by many to be the best. If you can find one of those in good working condition for cheap, grab it. You can always sell it for more than you paid for it.

It goes on and on, because it's about what your needs are. So have fun and if you find something but aren't sure, you can always ask here and people will let you know what they think.
LMWDP #641
★ Helpful

Jeff
Team HB

#5: Post by Jeff »

Many would put the GS/3 very near the top of the list you're asking for. To get something meaningful here, knowing that you're judging the machines on would help immensely.

DaveB

#6: Post by DaveB »

Pavoni Boy wrote:so I got lucky found a mint Marzocco GS3 for $2k...
Any chance you got it at a flea market from a guy wearing dark glasses and speaking in hushed tones? A "mint" GS/3 would have to be worth at least 5 large.

If I had one I'd make a heck of an effort to make room for it. 8)
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Pavoni Boy (original poster)

#7: Post by Pavoni Boy (original poster) »

came out of a gelato shop where they thought they would add espresso previous owner had purchased it so they had no idea real value lol... yeah I will ask about $5 lol was barely used

#8: Post by Pavoni Boy (original poster) »

thanks for all the replies ... my criteria is quality of shot... ease of use.... and durablity and low mantiance... have had my used Silvia that I got for $300 for 14 yrs now only replaced the head gasket... my kitchen counter is 24" deep and have 15" of under counter space... my kitchen is 10x10 and well gross my wife says cant keep such a fancy machine lol... I already have that mint Pasquini livietta by Olympia havent even put water in it yet but the portafilter is only 49mm ;( I did get the last Naked filterbasket that will be made for it with the NAKED logo etched on ... paid $175 for the machine and $160 for the portafilter lol

Chert

#9: Post by Chert »

Are you for real? You've got the best for your small footprint criteria. Put the GS3 on a cart to play with it out of the kitchen and if it can beat the Pavoni or the Livietta for your taste, then you will have a dilemma.

This is no longer on the market.
LMWDP #198

#10: Post by Pavoni Boy (original poster) »

this is my kitchen and set up lol... all these fancy home set ups .... mine is my cheap Silvia and a Anfim with rust I got for $90