Best espresso machine to pair with the Versalab M4

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
cell

#1: Post by cell »

What espresso machine should i get to pair it with M4....nod budgetary contsraints.
I do need it to be reservoir based. Body and mouthfeel are important. I would use all kinda roasts - dark and light. If that means I need preinfusion- then yes, if that means i can get away with pre-brewing then yes. The way i see it:
Linea Mini - no preinfusion - not sure about how it will handle light roasts like Ethiopians. I also found changing the restrictor from .8mm to .6mm tedious. Maybe run a lower brew pressure. Regardless - if this machine deals great espressos im in.
Vesuvius - heard good things not sure about taste in cup.
GS3 - heard good things as well, dont know about reliability.
Decent - heard body and mouth feel were not up there.
Synesso Hydra - no reservoir
Speedster - no reservoir
ECM - ?
Profitec -?
Help needed. Pls Advise.

Ad-85

#2: Post by Ad-85 »

LR24 ticks everything, the only downside holding me back is the sweeter milk it produces :(
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

cell (original poster)

#3: Post by cell (original poster) »

LR24 was always too hot for me. Not being able to control the temp was a real deal breaker...specially when it came to darker roasts

Tbrandt1996
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by Tbrandt1996 »

LR and LR24 have a thermosyphon restrictor to make the group run cooler for dark roasts. Did you give this a try before you sold it? Tough to beat a lever when it comes to texture and mouthfeel.

Arafel

#5: Post by Arafel »

If you need a reservoir, I'd say the two "no cost object" machines to look at the are G3 MP and the Eagle One Prima.

cell (original poster)

#6: Post by cell (original poster) »

Regarding putting in a restrictor in the R24 : I'm someone who has a couple of roasts on the go. Putting in a restrictor from a user experience POV aid kinda sucky. I'm doing so because I can't control the temp. I will say this tho- a far cheaper e61 had better mouthfeel on a dark roast compared to the R24.
Regards the Prima One - super cool. I started looking at that last night. Apparently nothings being shipped till end of May because of software fixes.
How would the Decent do in terms of texture ?

Ad-85

#7: Post by Ad-85 »

I just found about ACS Vostok 1 group, your thoughts please?
LMWDB #691

cell (original poster)

#8: Post by cell (original poster) »

I was choosing between the Eagle One Prima or the Decent xl. Given the Prima wont be here till atleast end May i placed the order for the Decent.
Will report back with taste impressions

Ad-85

#9: Post by Ad-85 »

cell wrote:I was choosig between the Eagle One Prima or the Decent xl. Given the Prima wont be here till atleast end May i placed the order for the Decent.
Will report back with taste impressions
Please do! Especially how easy to turn it on make a shot and walk away without geeking out + how do you feel about the mouth feel and the wet pucks.
LMWDB #691

cell (original poster)

#10: Post by cell (original poster) »

Mouth feel is super important. Wet pucks - dont care.