Best bang for your buck grinder for Aeropress - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
rajbangsa

#11: Post by rajbangsa »

if you want to go with quality hand grinder route, check on comandante c40 too.

can't go wrong with this thing for brewing.

millmountain

#12: Post by millmountain »

millmountain wrote:Glad to hear it. Maybe I'll get to experience a quality hand grinder one day.
I enjoyed watching this after this thread.
The Ultimate Hand Grinder Showdown, James Hoffman

villyi

#13: Post by villyi »

Timemore C1

slybarman

#14: Post by slybarman »

I have the Sette 270wi and I like it very much. I think it is fantastic for its price point and ability. Having said that, I would would not recommend it to someone outside the USA as those seem to be the folks most unhappy with Baratza service. I have only needed service from them once in the past 9 or so years ( a shim mailed to me) and had no problems at all, but that is in the USA.

ArtofEspresso

#15: Post by ArtofEspresso »

Hey all,

Would looking for a decent hand grinder for the Aeropress that is priced at $50 or less pretty much leave me with zero options if I want quality?

Thanks!

baldheadracing
Team HB

#16: Post by baldheadracing replying to ArtofEspresso »

You can pick up the smallest size of Sozen hand coffee grinder (a real Sozen, not a fake/clone/copy) for under $50. They are designed for Turkish but can be adjusted to give a nice fine Aeropress grind.

However, consider yourself warned: these grinders work incredibly slowly. Frustratingly slowly. Annoy you like crazy slowly. Throw the grinder through a window slowly. Whenever I want Turkish coffee, I will grind the coffee on another grinder first, and then use a cordless drill to turn the Sozen.

Good luck!
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada