Any Feedback on Rocket Boxer?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
JavaGnosis

#1: Post by JavaGnosis »

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with the Rocket Boxer single group? If yes, any kind of feedback will be very helpful.

Thanks

jpsm

#2: Post by jpsm »

Hope someone can reply! Also interested to know more about the Boxer as the 2 groups is kinda cheap in my area (around 5000usd or less).

kolu

#3: Post by kolu »

what exactly would you like to know?
we sell a lot of Boxers, mostly 2 group though, but they are essentially the same. Reliable simple HX machines.

JavaGnosis (original poster)

#4: Post by JavaGnosis (original poster) »

I just wanted to know if people had any experience using this machine, basically what are the pros and cons? Couldn't find anything on it in the forums?

Thanks

kolu

#5: Post by kolu »

its dead simple HX machine for small cafés or even offices. makes in my opinion no sense at home. quite stable temperature (no need to flush, just like 100 ml purge after longer than 30 min idle), not much preinfusion (it's almost like Linea), adjustable hot water temperature by means of blend valve.. it's just simple commercial machine. quite good build quality for the money, I think.
the inner silicone hoses on steam wands have tendency to break down, we replace them with teflon now (and new machines have that fixed from factory now). and gaskets are E61 size but 8,2 mm thick, which sucks a bit (non-standard).

JavaGnosis (original poster)

#6: Post by JavaGnosis (original poster) »

Great. Thank you for the info.