Alternatives to BPlus shower screen

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
DamianWarS
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by DamianWarS »

I've been looking at ordering the BPlus lower shower screen, not knowing where to go I did a search on Amazon. I did find a pile of alternatives for much cheaper. So what would discourage me from getting the cheaper ones over BPlus?

Jeff
Team HB

#2: Post by Jeff »

For me, I'm more confident about a company with a reputation to provide a reasonably food-safe product. I'm less confident about "Ali & Bob's Industrial Surplus Fabrication".

baldheadracing
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by baldheadracing »

bonjing
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by bonjing »

Caffewerks has one branded with their logo for $15. I don't have experience with their puck screen but have order parts from them.

DamianWarS (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by DamianWarS (original poster) »

In error I used "BP Plus" in the OP so I've correct it to "BPlus". But the same question applies

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by PIXIllate »

Just ordered one of the Bplus ones from Cafune in Canada. Agree that trying to save $20-30 is not worth it after how much money I've already poured into making this little drink. I'd rather be sure I'm getting a properly manufactured product.

I do however have concerns I'm going to run into the same issue I had with the Matrix shower screen. It worked well and I prefered the shots with it but it did such a good job preventing anything from going back up into the machine that an e61 will start to get a stiff and squeaky lever after using it for a week or so. These machines rely on a certain amount of coffee oils or weekly disassembly for manual lubrication. I gave up and went back to my nanocoat IMS and haven't had an issue since.

As far as the Bplus goes I'll have to wait and see if it creates the same issue.

DamianWarS (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by DamianWarS (original poster) » replying to PIXIllate »

I'm in Canada too and just made a purchase from Cafune. I think I'm going to get the bplus one from Cafune too but also a cheap one from Amazon to compare the differences. I wouldn't be surprised if you can buy an off brand one of identical quality. I'm trying to source them for a wider use in a different context where bplus is not available. the brand is not important to me but I do want a comparable product.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by baristainzmking »

There is one from Normcore that's reasonably priced.

https://www.amazon.com/Normcore-58-5mm- ... r=8-1&th=1
Julia

Jeff
Team HB

#9: Post by Jeff »

DamianWarS wrote:I'm trying to source them for a wider use in a different context.
Plenty of fabricators of sintered-screen material if your quantities are high enough. There were a few tried in the Decent community in the early days of screen-mania. As you own a Decent, I believe you can look those threads up on Discord or Discourse (I forget which it was).

TigerStripes

#10: Post by TigerStripes »

I bought a 58.5mm puck screen off aliexpress for $4.00.

It's literally the exact same as the b-plus screen, but it took 3 weeks to arrive. There is absolutely no reason to spend $50 on the b-plus.
LMWDP #715