Alternatives to BPlus shower screen - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
DamianWarS (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by DamianWarS (original poster) »

Jeff wrote:Plenty of fabricators of sintered-screen material if your quantities are high enough. There were a few tried in the Decent community in the early days of screen-mania. As you own a Decent, I believe you can look those threads up on Discord or Discourse (I forget which it was).
Is one sintered-screen better than the other. I see thickness is a factor, 1.7mm seems to be the thicker ones. i'm not sure how thick a bplus screen is

BaristaBob

#12: Post by BaristaBob » replying to DamianWarS »

B-Plus and Flair 58 screens are 1.9mm in thickness.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

DamianWarS (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by DamianWarS (original poster) » replying to BaristaBob »

thanks for the info, speaking of the Flair58 screen does anyone have both? what sort of differences do you see in them?

BaristaBob

#14: Post by BaristaBob » replying to DamianWarS »

I saw absolutely no difference using my BDB in time to pull a shot, flow through my bottomless pf basket, or taste. It's possible that on a different machine there may be a difference.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

Rice Bowl

#15: Post by Rice Bowl »

One or two sellers on Etsy have also been advertising customized shower screens - send in an image and they'll get it made on the screen a la BPlus/Flair logos on their respective shower screens. Seems like a fun thing to do at a discounted price compared to said other retailers