All in same budget range, which grinder to choose?

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Norden

#1: Post by Norden »

I'm getting a new grinder and I have these to choose from. Macap m2m, Baratza sette 270, Nuova Simonelli MCI or the Rocky doserless.
They are all in the same price range, the Rocky a bit cheaper.
Any advice??

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Nunas »

Apart from the Sette, those are flat burr grinders. So, if you want a conical the 270 is your only choice. The Rocky, once a mainstay of the home espresso market, isn't highly regarded by many anymore. In terms of parts availability and longevity, though, the Rocky is a cement mixer; thousands are in service for decades. The M2M and the MCI are reasonably well-liked and the choice between them might be esthetic more than practical. I chose the Sette for the grind and in my case the inbuilt weighing feature (Wi only). By all reports, it excels and I concur. On the other hand, by most reports, it is the least robust of the grinders you list. Alas, that has been my experience...when it works it's fantastic, but many of us have had trouble. Everyone is a bit gaga about the Niche Zero these days; it costs a bit more and is a single-dose grinder. Those who have it and find it fits into their workflow nearly universally like it. In terms of parts availability and service, both on warranty and after, the Sette is arguably the hands-down winner.