Advice on auto grinder comparable to Helor 101

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Aficionado

#1: Post by Aficionado »

Currently own a Helor 101 for my espresso, but am getting lazy to grind by hand, and will be tilting towards french press (90% of the time) vs espresso.

Can anyone advise based on the criteria below?

- Small footprint with small hopper for beans
- Can dose evenly and directly into my IMS 18g basket
- Can set dosage accurately (18g or 21g)
- easy micro-adjustments
- Comparable (or just slightly worse off) to Helor 101 in terms of grind quality and consistency
- Under 300USD preferred (for french press, the grind quality doesn't matter as much?)

Aficionado (original poster)

#2: Post by Aficionado (original poster) »

nobody knows?????

Ora

#3: Post by Ora »

Aficionado wrote:Currently own a Helor 101 for my espresso, but am getting lazy to grind by hand, and will be tilting towards french press (90% of the time) vs espresso.

Can anyone advise based on the criteria below?

- Small footprint with small hopper for beans
- Can dose evenly and directly into my IMS 18g basket
- Can set dosage accurately (18g or 21g)
- easy micro-adjustments
- Comparable (or just slightly worse off) to Helor 101 in terms of grind quality and consistency
- Under 300USD preferred (for french press, the grind quality doesn't matter as much?)
automatic grinders are always more expensive for the same quality grinding of hand grinders. For under 300, i think your only options are the baratza options like virtuoso or encore. There are some mods people do like get one of those and then buy a professional burr to replace the burrs they come with, im not sure about the specifics but they are on this forum.

Aficionado (original poster)

#4: Post by Aficionado (original poster) »

could you point me to a few of those links? I have been here for awhile but don't recall seeing any of those mod topics..