ACS Evo Leva vs Vostok - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Junior
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by Junior »

It's the same reason that it is well known that red cars are faster.
Michael

Dr G (original poster)

#12: Post by Dr G (original poster) »

Haha ok. Say u can get both machines for the exact same price. Cannot have a plumb in. Counter space is not an issue... Which would u go for?

DaveC

#13: Post by DaveC replying to Dr G »

plumb in is irrelevant, as I said before, they can both be plumbed in.

I like the Vostock, but personally I prefer the Evo.....I think it's simply a personal choice of what you like best.

pcdawson

#14: Post by pcdawson »

But I thought that the Vostok had that pressure release button to end shots without portafilter sneeze.

DaveC

#15: Post by DaveC replying to pcdawson »

It's optional, as it is on the Evo....but people should buy the one they like best. Which when making machine choices for any machine is what mostly happens...Usually the heart rules the head when it comes to functions, or sometimes even practical considerations.

Junior
Supporter ♡

#16: Post by Junior »

There is still a price difference between the two models--at least the last time I checked with the sales staff at ACS. While almost all of the functional aspects are the same, there are a number of differences in footprint, aesthetics, lighting and button/screen placement.

There were also slight differences in the pricing for customization, but it was fairly minimal. For me, the decision came down to the most suitable for my bar space. My machine probably wont ship for a bit, so I cannot give a hands on assessment of the newer features.
Michael

Amberale

#17: Post by Amberale »

I like the EVO but prefer the Vostok.
I waited for it to be developed and then bought one.
At the time the Vostok had more features.
Now they are the same but I still prefer the styling of the big girl.