Acaia Lunar scale 2021

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
sunnynights123

#1: Post by sunnynights123 »

Has anyone managed to buy a lunar 2021 from the website. I have been stalking the website and it has not been in stock (even at the times they say) for quite sometime?

B2uatk

#2: Post by B2uatk »

I did, a month ago..somehow in the morning right after they released it. I finally opened it yesterday ...jeez golly...its heavy compared to my previous scale and its super sensitive ..and what's up with pressing the power button twice to shut it? I keep changing the mode while trying to shut it down...

Ken5

#3: Post by Ken5 »

I have noticed lately that they don't seem to restock as they once did, maybe Steve will chime in and let you know if they are sold out or not.

B2uatk, turning off the unit is not as nice as a scale with a button, it does get easier though. One has to hit the correct area and at the proper speed. A quick tap tap. If your are changing modes then you are pressing too long.

B2uatk

#4: Post by B2uatk »

Yeah totally noticed that - having first world issues with a scale which costs half as a good espresso machine haha I also dislike this whole Apple'lization of every interface..press twice for something and thrice for something else...the scale itself is very nice indeed...

JB90068
Supporter ❤

#5: Post by JB90068 »

B2uatk wrote:I did, a month ago..somehow in the morning right after they released it. I finally opened it yesterday ...jeez golly...its heavy compared to my previous scale and its super sensitive ..and what's up with pressing the power button twice to shut it? I keep changing the mode while trying to shut it down...
Tap it quickly and it works. Took me a bit getting used to that as well.
Old baristas never die. They just become over extracted.

fb

#6: Post by fb »

Says right on the page that they restock at 9AM PST/ 12PM EST M-F. Was able to grab one yesterday by spamming refresh right at that time and checking out as quickly as possible.

B2uatk

#7: Post by B2uatk »

I think I went right after the scheduled time and was able to order one. I had a lot of issues with one of the browsers (safari) and then ordered via my cell browser..I actually communicated with them about this as well.

Kind of interesting that they are not shut for "lunar" new year? (just a joke)

What is the deal with releasing a small stock each day? Whats the strategy behind that? I guess as compared to the niche - release a certain stock each month....

sunnynights123 (original poster)

#8: Post by sunnynights123 (original poster) »

fb wrote:Says right on the page that they restock at 9AM PST/ 12PM EST M-F. Was able to grab one yesterday by spamming refresh right at that time and checking out as quickly as possible.
That's super helpful. I have setup some alerts for restocks but clearly they dont refresh quick enough!

SteveRhinehart

#9: Post by SteveRhinehart »

I restock the US site at noon Eastern time Monday through Saturday. There's been an uptick in demand recently that has led to stock selling through in only a few minutes each day. I realize that this is frustrating and I wish I had a better alternative right now. I'm sorry for the difficulty.

ak_brian

#10: Post by ak_brian »

Thanks for this :) I was able to grab a '21 Lunar this morning at just a couple minutes after you restocked.