$3500 Upgrade from Elektra Microcasa a Leva - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
SandraF

#11: Post by SandraF »

I bought an ECM SYNCHRONIKA in February and it's been great. I bought the Atom 75 & can say that it works very well with the Synchronika.

My only complaints is the shallow drip pan (mine obviously is not plumbed in) as well as the drip pan a tiny bit wobbly. Doesn't do it when using the machine, but if I press on one corner there's a bit of play in it. Some rubber bumpers adhered strategically would solve the issue.

boren

#12: Post by boren »

neruson wrote:I need a machine capable of steaming and brewing at the same time without it affecting steam power and brew pressure.
You don't need to upgrade to get what you want. Just add another machine. I have an MCaL set to 1.2 bar which I use mostly for steaming (with the occasional espresso after turning it off and brewing at 0.7 bar), and I added a single boiler E61 machine - a Quick Mill Alexia Evo.

Other advantages of this combo:
- Two groupheads setup that provides both E61 and lever-based espresso.
- Can make coffee without waking up anyone (you'd need a manual grinder).

Bottom line: Instead of spending $3500 you can get it all at $1500. The only catch is that this combo may take a bit more counter space than the machines on your list.

elkayem

#13: Post by elkayem »

neruson wrote: I have been looking at the Bianca for a really long time actually, even before considering an upgrade. But the recent WLL comparison video has me questioning workmanship and quality of parts - I'm aware the video is extremely biased and actually unfair but somehow it's drawn me away from it. Someone convince me otherwise? :P
I am curious if you also watched the response to that video from 1st-line? Granted it is also a biased comparison, but I thought much more thorough (and a little less polished). WLL's focus on machine screws for the top panel and a slightly thicker stainless steel enclosure doesn't convince me the Profitec is the better machine. One could easily have pointed to the high quality tamper and two quality portafilters with wood accents to prove the Bianca is the better machine. And WLL's focus on flow profile range of motion was downright deceptive. 0 - 6 mL/sec is all you need, which is what the Bianca paddle provides. Who cares that the Profitec goes to 30 mL/sec? Get the Bianca if you like it.

Bicycleman

#14: Post by Bicycleman »

SandraF wrote:I bought an ECM SYNCHRONIKA in February and it's been great. I bought the Atom 75 & can say that it works very well with the Synchronika.

My only complaints is the shallow drip pan (mine obviously is not plumbed in) as well as the drip pan a tiny bit wobbly. Doesn't do it when using the machine, but if I press on one corner there's a bit of play in it. Some rubber bumpers adhered strategically would solve the issue.

I unboxed my Synchronika last night. I had read about the drip try wobble and was determined to find a way to solve it. I held one end of the drip tray on the countertop and gently torqued the opposite end very slightly. The twisting was done in the direction towards the corner that wobbled. I had to repeat this for the tray grate also. All wobbling ceased.
I brought my Sugar for coffee....now I'll bring my Honey to tea.