2 cups per day. - Page 2

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
Greg_R

#11: Post by Greg_R »

klee11mtl wrote:I'd say the best machine is the one you're going to enjoy walking up to and feel good operating.
This is great advice. At this budget level, I would think about how you want to experience the process of making a drink. Do you want touchscreens or mechanical controls? Levers or knob controls? Do you want to steam milk and if so, how quickly? Will you want to make a lot of adjustments, or do you want to wake up and make something without fiddling? Answering those questions will help you narrow down the list of machines to try.

Marc01

#12: Post by Marc01 »

TomC wrote:Welcome to HB Dave!

A local! Your username caught my attention before your location confirmed it. I'm in Pacifica as well.

Looking at your preferences, I'd say that if your tastes lean towards milk drinks and Soul Grind roast levels, then your choices are broad and can be simple. If you're pulling straight shots and some of the lighter offerings from Andytown (Shore Leave Hook is incredible) you might need something higher tier, both grinder and machine-wise in order to optimize those lighter roasts. And Andytown isn't even really a light roast in that category.

How do you take your drinks?
Hey Tom, I just happened to have a bag of Shore Leave Hook as I read this and couldn't help myself but wonder how you've been pulling your shots? I've been doing 18g in: 24g out in 36 sec with a MaraX and curious to compare with someone and maybe improve on my recipe. Thanks!

TomC
Team HB

#13: Post by TomC replying to Marc01 »

I personally would extract more, into like 1:2, so landing at 36g and play from there depending on bean age and how they're tasting.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/