1Zpresso K series for espresso

Recommendations for buyers and upgraders from the site's members.
notarealbarista

#1: Post by notarealbarista »

Hello all, I would have the chance to buy a K-Plus used for a good price and was wondering if any of you are using any of the 1ZPresso K-series for espresso (would be using mine for the the cafelat robot) and found the steps (22 micros per click) to be a limiting factor or not.. I would be using the grinder for the robot as well as aeropress. I know that the J-series gives me more flexibility regarding dialing in but the price of the K-Plus is quite tempting right now.. I'm not too picky TBH regarding the taste but still would like to get some input from already more experienced users.. :) thanks!

pdx-climber

#2: Post by pdx-climber »

There is a similar thread (or 2 or 3) just a couple pages back. I got the JX-Pro and have been using it for espresso on a DB E-61 machine... so grind is a bit sensitive and I find one click to be useful (12.5um steps). I think if I used the K series I would have to dial with dose - which is OK too.
I do plan to return the JX when my DF64 arrives... and keep a K-plus which I got on BF pricing ($215). I plan to use it primarily for V60 at home and , aeropress and picopresso when travelling. I like it a bit better than the JX and feel the K burrs will be better suited to my main use for it - being V60.

If I was going to get something for espresso mainly I would get the Jmax.