Wiring/plumbing requirements for 220V La Marzocco GS3 - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
AssafL

#11: Post by AssafL »

My installation loops around the kitchen and thus I get quite a bit of residue in the pipe. Every 6-12 months the pipe starts backing up and I use a pipe cleaner to clear it.

I use a pipe cleaner sold for Camelback tube cleaning.
Scraping away (slowly) at the tyranny of biases and dogma.

Compass Coffee

#12: Post by Compass Coffee »

First all 220v coffee equipment I've purchased (multiple brand espresso machines, Fetco batch brewers, Fetco water towers) came with no plug. Can't speak directly to GS3 and haven't purchased any other single group 220v machine though do know the Synesso 1gr MVP Hydra does not come with plug either.

Agree 110v machine easier resale potential should the situation arise. Also agree 110v GS3 in 20A mode can be hammered and keep up. Last year we used our 110v GS3 MP catering/backup machine a couple days at our main coffeehouse when the 3gr GB5 was down and it kept up quite well.

Good idea running the wires for 220v 20A even if only using one hot for 110v now. That way easy to convert to 220v should you decide to switch to a machine like 1gr MVP Hydra which is 220v only.
Mike McGinness

AssafL

#13: Post by AssafL »

In Europe it is likely to be delivered with the Schuko plug. In the USA it is more likely to be with pigtails as there is no real standard for the 2 phase 220V in the US.

If it is Schuko - cut it off. It is a dangerous format anywhere outside of Germany.
Scraping away (slowly) at the tyranny of biases and dogma.

cruzmisl (original poster)

#14: Post by cruzmisl (original poster) »

Thanks for the thoughts and links. Very helpful! !